• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

sunset at John o'Groats

Took my cousin out to lunch. She was born in 1918.   Tom

Lovely end to a lovely day. Crisp winter coastal run, and down to the beach for a stroll at sundown.  Happy new year all, Deggers

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, brenda said:

Redrose TR Meeting today at the Cock@Budworth. Good turn out but the wet weather kept the cars away only five TRs on the car park.

Mike. Redrose group 

9610B200-7660-4C30-A34C-DF00ACE98797.jpeg

F3DD9ADF-7700-49F9-A05B-3FF6CA6E095B.jpeg

039B4CEB-384A-4DC5-818A-6EA60132E42A.jpeg

CEA1A87D-8722-44C0-9FFA-B610883D20A9.jpeg

Good pictures Mike. Thanks for sharing. It was a good turn out people wise. 

the hardtop on my 3a worked well. Even put the sidescreens on for the gentle run home in the wet. Very snug. 

On 10/13/2019 at 1:46 PM, TorontoTim said:

Back-roads TR-ing...

IMG_20191013_0801562_small.jpg

On 10/12/2019 at 1:32 PM, TorontoTim said:

Got up at 4:45am on Friday for an early morning run in the TR up to our cabin on a lake.

Powder coated perfection right there!  :)

Nice one Tim, hope you’ve had a great time in the cabin.

(Currently drawing up plans to build one myself. Have you watched Shawn James' videos on Youtube? A Canadian outdoorsman from Ontario, he has a cabin in the stunning highlands near Algonquin Park.)

Cheers, Deggers

Wow, thanks for sharing.

It reminds me of the many times I was fly fishing in Beautiful BC in the fall: the colors, the silence and no other people in 10’s of miles around you, and always an alertness since you realise you are no longer at the top of the food chain.

Cheers,

Waldi

Thanks for posting Deggers. It's a lovely video and I enjoyed watching, but the cynic in me can't help but speculate that it's more about video production and you tube follower gathering than self reliance.

Lots of beautiful scenery, the same action from different viewpoints and drone work so can it really be true "self" reliance? Much technology involved.

Many shots of fishing rod in hand but none of actual fishing and no fish! I grinned quietly when he came out of the door with the shotgun in hand, but again no hunting and no "kill". In fact the only cooking seemed to have been of processed bacon.

I will watch some more of his videos but not yet convinced!

Cynical Sean :rolleyes:

Yes, beautiful photography of a beautiful area.  I haven't had a chance to watch the whole video yet, but I will.

Our cabin (cottage in local parlance) isn't as off-grid as this (and although wood, isn't made of logs), but isn't a million miles away from Algonquin Park.  We are certainly blessed with some stunning scenery here of various kinds and the backroads, although not as twisty as we might like, are virtually empty most of the time.

I'll obviously have to get a drone for some good TR-in-forest shots... ;-)

Been to Arundel myself, for a stint at what was once called New England College in Tortington Park in 1973, since razed and now full of residences, and then in 2006 when I actually walked around the castle for a bit - was belonging to the Duke of York at that time (?).

I actually had a '65 TR4 in '73; left it at home when I went to NEC.

Tom

Edited by Tom Fremont
9 hours ago, SeanF said:

Not very long then!

So if it was 400 years ago or thereabouts it might well have been given by James 1st (James 6th of Sotland) who gave a lot of land and titles to win the support of the English gentry when he came South to become King of England as well as Scotland.

Brooklands Autumn Classic Breakfast, followed by Monthly Thames Valley group meet at the Surrey oaks Pub Newdigate.

1985007739_Brooklands271019.thumb.jpg.478489c62d848d766f8a9d7108447823.jpg 

1512736237_SurreyOaks3.thumb.jpg.8bae732132e85b52e6166ad272697c8b.jpg    1799036530_SuureyOaks1.thumb.jpg.75e5600d980852f9005e1ceb09bc7797.jpg

Edited by Lebro

I took the old car over the Rest and be Thankful today and down past Invereray Castle, dry roads and blue skies with snow on the tops, so what is not to like. A bit of salt on the way back , it will wash off and didn't spoil the experience but puzzled by the new snow poles, are we in for a bad winter? Forgot the camera. Doh!

1 hour ago, Dic Doretti said:

Forgot the camera.

That's a great shame,  as it sounds like a great photo opportunity missed.  Please add to your Christmas present wish list..  a camera (and spare batteries) to always leave in the car.   B)

been watching Shawn James with My Self Reliance for several years now. Fortunately he does have the skills necessary to live that lifestyle . I think you would have to watch many hours of YouTube video to get the full picture of the cabin build, outdoor kitchen, sauna/bath house, meals cooked fishing trips etc He has a real interest in photography and story telling so yes he does have some good high tech equipment including a mini pv solar charging station. He recently had many thousands of dollars in camera gear stolen

HRCR Autumn Leaves Scenic Run today was better than expected - I was really worried about the weather, but morning and early afternoon weather was ok if not hood down. Lovely route with lots of splendid views up in the Black Mountains and Autumn Leaves in abundance (after all the cash I shelled out to go to New England in the Fall last year! )

Well organised run with an excellent end of run meal.  TR behaved itself. 

went to the A23 to watch the london to brighton veterans on what turned out to be a loverly sunny morning.  Boring 1 1/2 hrs motorway drive to get there though.

Roy 

Thank you such evocative descriptions.  I'm sure many of us would have loved to have been there ..what with autumn leaves and mountain backdrops and/or vintage cars. Any photos to share ?

Edited by Bfg

Almost all of us have mobile phones which can do photos, but we are busy driving and navigating. The stops are at places that can do food and or drinks for 100 people or more, which aren't viewpoints.

I am sorry to say I find Bfg's post a bit patronising. I suggest he gets his TR and his camera out of the garage and samples the splendid HRCR scenic tours.  

Edited by acaie
typo
15 hours ago, acaie said:

I am sorry to say I find Bfg's post a bit patronising.

You are absolutely correct.  My comment was puerile and I do apologise - I mean no offense,  but I should refrain from comment when I'm so weary &/or frustrated with other things in life.  It's so easily to say something and it comes out wrong.  

I cannot delete that post so I have amended it.  But thank you for the mind's eye image your words evoked.

My best regards.

There is also some kind of challange in your demant.....

So I hope for a sunny weekend, will be aout with the TR and camera and until this I want to share 2 older autum photos from 2014.

IMG_6400-b.thumb.JPG.2e2fdb01ad08875ab68d14c84be37518.JPG  P1210384-c.thumb.JPG.dd3b700c270679289d3874728fd6956c.JPG

Ciao, Marco