• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

sunset at John o'Groats

Took my cousin out to lunch. She was born in 1918.   Tom

Lovely end to a lovely day. Crisp winter coastal run, and down to the beach for a stroll at sundown.  Happy new year all, Deggers

Posted Images

Last night was our last night in the little bolt hole by the river Dart we had a lovely relaxing time. Today we drove to Greays Court National Trust for a look round and then onto the Bear and Ragged Staff near Oxford for our last night before heading home.

Mike. Redrose group 

6ABC4FC3-EB2A-4665-9886-B0C977A011B4.jpeg

0F4A66B3-2AA9-4BF0-9FBD-EB2B92EAB433.jpeg

1B4DCDCE-229B-4212-9F49-0C37E9B9C4A3.jpeg

5451EDAA-1C89-4DCD-8792-1FD601EFF90A.jpeg

Edited by brenda

Glad all three of you had a good time and good weather. 

Its a lovely spot. 

Hope you managed a few river trips. Best value is out to the castle 

and upto Agatha Christie house is a double bonus. 

H

We also did the M25 Grand Prix on the way home, no hold ups for a change.

Hi Suzanne, Roger

We spotted you this morning on the A14 stretch and waved as we went past in an Alfa.  Couldn't use the TR as we've just about used up our 'insurance mileage' this year - 7500 isn't enough.

Coincidentally, we saw you on the return trip as well!  You popped up behind us on the A1065 just north of Fakenham and had the pleasure of following us all the way down to Lakenheath where traffic lights caught you.  Our car was the grey Giulietta with a reg number ending in FDC.

We'd had a great day on the beach at Holkham and Wells.  Last of the warm summer days, maybe??

Edited by Alfrom
Deleted Swaffham !!!!

Hi Pierre,

I think you gave as a 'thumbs up' as you went past. I remember the car.   

It is always a little odd when people wave or acknowledge you and they are in a daily driver. Head scratching time !! who were they !!

When we got to Blakeney a motorcyclist stopped and we had a discussion about his old cars.

He has  a very well tuned TR 4 pot engine that his dad used in a Vauxhall J type that broke a few records back in the day. It may appear on here for sale..

Roger

image.thumb.png.c04c10a53e136c817357b17cd08c9859.png

Not in my TR, but several there from the London group.   Kempton Pumping station museum, open day plus (small) Classic Car show.

Two tripple expansion steam engines one of which was running.

Bob.

Kop Hill yesterday (Saturday). A glorious sunny day & close to 40 TR's on the Chilterns Region stand who provided breakfast rolls & unlimited tea/coffee followed by lunchtime burgers along with cakes! Superb event as in the past with the great friendly members of the Chiltern Region. Thanks to all of you.

And yesterday at Kop Hill was also very enjoyable, despite a heavy downpour which commenced just as I was returning to the paddock from my morning run up the Hill.  The Robson/Scott commentary at the start line was as lively and interesting as ever - apparently a member of the public asked when did they do their rehearsals!

The inundation was very heavy and runs had to be suspended for a while as the Hill became a river, and some drivers must have decided to call it a day (not much fun if your machine has no weather protection whatsoever), but once proceedings re-started, things were back to normal. 

Organisation brilliant as always, with a great number of friendly volunteers giving of their time to raise huge amounts of money for charities.  To commemorate 10 years of the event, there is a 68 page, full colour, A4-size book on quality paper, describing the history of the event from the early 1900s to its closure in 1925, and the revival - full of superb pictures and a mere £5 (also available by post - see website).

All my family - from 4 to 80 years of age - enjoy Kop Hill!

Ian Cornish

• 2 weeks later...

HI,

yesterday (holiday) out for a 250 miles drive along the river Neckar,

pasted Neckarsulm (Audi factory) to Eberbach (love it), from there on lovely roads through the Odenwald to visit Michelstadt.

We never have been there before, we love it too and will vistit again and have a look at "Erbach", there the palace and garden.

P1140228-b.JPG.daab17de9e23f0aa62b7c01e2c9e855b.JPG P1140226-b.JPG.ec4230f417e9bb94c286005fe30ec7e4.JPG

Sorry, no cars allowed at the historic village, weather was cloudy and cold (hood closed).

From there we drove on lovely raods to "Weinheim" to see the palace garden and the "Hermanshof" garden.

Back on the Autobahn pasing "Heidelberg", worth an own visit, to get 1 h too late to the Stammtisch.

It was a nice day, Ciao, Marco

Edited by Z320

Deepest Darkest Yorkshire! - Thats Where.

Cumbria Groups last outdoor run of the season, organised by Phil and Sue.

Fourteen cars, risked the Armageddon Type weather forcast, for what turned out to be a good half a day of top down

TR'ing before the heavens opened!

147105132_autumnleavesrunoct19.jpg.c6010272fde85f97afd233ddf1e0a121.jpg

John.

Really annoyed that I missed this run but it sounds like I made the right decision with dodgy wipers. The weather contradicted the forecast for most of the day and I was feeling very frustrated

Andy

On 10/12/2019 at 1:32 PM, TorontoTim said:

Got up at 4:45am on Friday for an early morning run in the TR up to our cabin on a lake.  Stopped to take a moody pre-dawn photo...not quite what I'd hoped, but still...

Looks suitably evocative to me B) , and likewise the idea of a pre-dawn drive in a TR up to your own cabin sounds a truly excellent quality of life. 

I hope you had pre-laid the ..fireplace ready to make it almost immediately cosy.   Thanks for posting.

Edited by Bfg
9 hours ago, foster461 said:

We did our fall tour today. Definitely hardtop weather. Dry but cold.

net-fall-tour-XL.png

Dunstable in the “Fall” looks like a “to do list” trip to see the autumn colours.

with a side trip to Salem to see the witches site. As an ex public health officer you understand. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ergotism

3 hours ago, Hamish said:

Dunstable in the “Fall” looks like a “to do list” trip to see the autumn colours.

with a side trip to Salem to see the witches site. As an ex public health officer you understand. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ergotism

Well that is the last time I order an egg salad on rye sandwich..