Where did you drive to with your TR today

5 hours ago, TorontoTim said:

Had a good day's run out in rural Ontario today. 

The bad news is that most of the roads are fairly straight. 

The good news is that they are mostly deserted, many are gravel, and some are even dirt/mud...

IMG_3236.jpg

Great photo - Thank you.   One might almost expect to see a scruffy side-screen car on that sort of track, rather than the road-sport elegance of an early TR4 ..but still I love the fact that one or two of these cars are  still seeing off-road woodland stages. 

I guess most .. particularly those of us who have come out the other side of a (later) middle-age crisis - would be too conscious of damaging the car ..and then facing big bills and a lot of hassle to fix it.   So to me this photo is a timely reminder of what the car can be  - if I don't fall into the trap of restoring it too  'precious' .    

Pete

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

sunset at John o'Groats

Took my cousin out to lunch. She was born in 1918.   Tom

Lovely end to a lovely day. Crisp winter coastal run, and down to the beach for a stroll at sundown.  Happy new year all, Deggers

Posted Images

6 hours ago, TorontoTim said:

The good news is that they are mostly deserted, many are gravel, and some are even dirt/mud

Another superb picture Tim. Thanks for sharing. Great to see it out in the wild as always!

1 hour ago, Bfg said:

One might almost expect to see a scruffy side-screen car on that sort of track . . .

.  .  .  .  :)

TRautum1A.thumb.jpg.c6307df6b5e4bead6171f39e0803f2a1.jpg

Cheers, Deggers

6 hours ago, Bfg said:

Great photo - Thank you.   One might almost expect to see a scruffy side-screen car on that sort of track, rather than the road-sport elegance of an early TR4 ..but still I love the fact that one or two of these cars are  still seeing off-road woodland stages. 

I guess most .. particularly those of us who have come out the other side of a (later) middle-age crisis - would be too conscious of damaging the car ..and then facing big bills and a lot of hassle to fix it.   So to me this photo is a timely reminder of what the car can be  - if I don't fall into the trap of restoring it too  'precious' .    

Pete

Hi Pete,

My view, not necessarily one universally held, is that TR's were fairly cheap sportscars in their day and should still be thought of that way. 

My very much loved early car didn't cost me a lot (over 10 years ago), despite being in pretty good shape overall, and I've never been precious about how or where I drive it. I spent considerably more than the purchase price on a serious bodywork refreshment a couple of years ago, but the first thing I did was take it down a muddy gravel road to get the "just painted" shine covered up.  

Everyone should enjoy their TR in their own way, but for me the greatest joy is driving it - and the further and more obscure routes the better. 

Daggers - great photo!!

Tim

Glorious day at oulton park gold cup

TR Register well represented from many group areas. 

As well as Richard Owen TR2 in the paddock about to go out on circuit 

doing it all again tomorrow if you want to join in the fun. 

C834746B-7253-481C-8F6B-CF633F4EA83D.jpeg

DAF5E6D8-53CB-495E-A020-C63DF65A84A1.jpeg

Nice 150 miles tour today with 3 TRs and one Mecedes to the "Degerfeld Airfield".

P1130721-.JPG.4115085ebd6891be64088146ee035fda.JPG

About 600 (?) classic cars there and also lots of old airplans.

Very impressive: 4 American LaFrance speedsters and other of pre war and cycle cars.

Looking foreward for visiting next year again.

Ciao, Marco

Sue, Me and 4A popped down to Swanage today. About 300 round trip.

The traffic congestion heading towards Swanage from Wareham was just too much.

So we made a detour to  Norden station on the Swanage Railway.. We were going to go on the railway anyway. We just did it in reverse.

Missed the 10am train by 1 minute so we had tea and Dorset apple cake (for breakfast) at the station - very good food stuff.

At Swanage we were in time for  the 12 - o-clock showing of Punch & Judy.  Sue thinks I am a child but she was also laughing. It has become a little saucy since I last saw it.

At one stage Punch slapped the baby on the back and it burped

he slapped it again - and it burped.

He slapped it again and the baby farted  - much to the total joy of all the 3, 4, 5........ year olds (and the adults).

At the end the professor held his hand  out of the booth to wave at the audience and said - "look Judy with no clothes". Very corny but the children burst in to laughter and applause.

There now only three full time Beach Punch& Judy performers  Swanage, Weymouth, Llandudno

Roger

Tim and Jan have already seen this live.

Snap......!

67E76380-B54C-4CCB-B124-FD3447CBF146.jpeg

The Somerset Nog - Rambling Sid Rumpo

Reg Pubes, Reg Pubes lend me your great Nog

........and they all got on the Somerset Nog except Fat Alice who don;t get on with anybody...............

listen to all of it especially 25 mins.

Roger

Edited by RogerH

RobH

Nay took the maid,  It ‘twas Tom Pearce, that lent the orse  that dies after someone borrows it, I don’t recall who borrows it but he went with: "Bill Brewer, Jan Stewer, Peter Gurney, Peter Davy, Dan'l Whiddon, Harry Hawke, Old Uncle Tom Cobley. 

Apparently the old grey mare still appears at night ghastly white and you can her her bones Rattle. All along down along out along Lee. 

Not heard it myself though and I camped around dem parts many a night as a teenager.

Edited by Derek Hurford

Drove to the Edenbridge County show today (near Godstone). passed a red TR3 on the A25 near Dorking - did not recognise it as local ?

Great show, but too hot !!!

Bob.

Pershore Plum Festival Car Show, absolutely excellent event, loads of cars of different varieties, plenty of stalls and stands for all ages and tastes. The weather was great

Ian

PPP2019.jpg

Excellent day at the Gold Cup Oulton Park Cheshire. Approximately 54 TRS from Stoke Shropshire North Wales and  Redrose group enjoyed a full day watching the racing and catching up with new and old friends.

Mike. Redrose group 

ps hopefully see you all at TRBitz 8 sept.

B465994D-E79E-43F5-B026-E06BC5B4BE85.jpeg

E8D01C18-376F-4180-A9C9-BABA52D6C241.jpeg

7AF161E1-0DFD-4246-888C-9E29EFAB62C1.jpeg

0B0FC550-A31C-4165-B86A-E8DED0F0DED9.jpeg

A47 car show and autojumble, near Thurlaston. A few nice TRs (as well as mine)mostly 6s, and a very nice 3A, but as far as I could see, no Register members. It's usually pretty busy until mid-afternoon, but most people had left by about 1 o'clock - it was just too hot. Luckily I remembered to cover my black vinyl seats!

Pete

P1050474 [Desktop Resolution].JPG

P1050475 [Desktop Resolution].JPG

P1050473 [Desktop Resolution].JPG

Mine's the red one!

Edited by stillp
Added the photos!
6 minutes ago, brenda said:

Excellent day at the Gold Cup Oulton Park Cheshire. Approximately 54 TRS from Stoke Shropshire North Wales and  Redrose group enjoyed a full day watching the racing and catching up with new and old friends.

Mike. Redrose group 

ps hopefully see you all at TRBitz 8 sept.

That’s a great TRR turn out. 

Yesterday was fun at oulton but less TR’s

well done all. 

Thanks for sharing the pictures Mike.

H

11 hours ago, brenda said:

Looks like he didn’t drive to far and only one TR.

Mike Redrose group 

61D2C8D7-0710-4EE9-8DB9-EAB693EC6D25.jpeg

Funny that everyone complains these days about all cars looking the same, look at this lot!

Stuart.

19 hours ago, brenda said:

Looks like he didn’t drive to far and only one TR.

Mike Redrose group 

61D2C8D7-0710-4EE9-8DB9-EAB693EC6D25.jpeg

"only one TR"    Is that aside from the one (about 14 cars back) trying to get a decent view ahead ? ...or the one in the very bottom LHS of the piccie (ok., I admit only part of the car is in the photo).  ;)

Me pedantic ?  ..well I couldn't even spell the wird. !

16 hours ago, Bfg said:

"only one TR"    Is that aside from the one (about 14 cars back) trying to get a decent view ahead ? ..  ;)

Me pedantic ?  ..well I couldn't even spell the wird. !

Thats a Corvette.

Stuart.

Edited by stuart

Lovely evening at the Classic Cars and Curry night at Shampan Restaurant nr.Westerham Kent last night. Not a huge attendance due to weather, but there were some lovely cars there including a beautiful Healey 3000 and Jag XK120(?)

The food was excellent as well.

20190828_190805.jpg

20190828_192140.jpg

20190828_190835.jpg

Bo’ness in our long door TR2 from Liverpool via Kendal, Penrith, Gretna, Moffat A701, A702 and finally Queensferry south of the Fourth Bridge  for a curry  in preparation for Saturdays road tour to the Jim Clarke museum in Duns 

61CDCD4C-6FA4-4D34-9745-61C74245F005.jpeg

5ECF4F86-1D80-4AFD-A920-785D7E399640.jpeg