Where did you drive to with your TR today

About to set off to Dendigh to take part in the North Wales walled towns classic car trail. The route goes to

Betws y Coed & on to Conwy then Beaumaris finishing on the quayside at Caernafon Castle for the prizegiving

150 cars to take part , should be a fun day out.

Harvey S. Maitland

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

sunset at John o'Groats

Took my cousin out to lunch. She was born in 1918.   Tom

Lovely end to a lovely day. Crisp winter coastal run, and down to the beach for a stroll at sundown.  Happy new year all, Deggers

Posted Images

8 hours ago, Paul J said:

Early evening drive down to Sennen Cove and arrived in time to see the lifeboat launching, took this video from the breakwater.

https://youtu.be/19xoHvjwnpY

When we arrived in the car park at Sennen a German lady approached us asking to take a few photos of the TR4A, she said her family were the main Austrian importers of Triumphs and Rootes Group vehicles.

Paul

Been to see my brother-in-law in mid-Wales, came back on the A483 from Builth Wells to Newtown, what a fantastic road, 60mph for most of the time, only a couple of villages and very quiet, all told 200 miles Erwood to Harrogate, did it in one, stiff as a board when I fell out of the car in Harrogate, the dog slept all the way.  It helped it was dry and sunny, cheers, Andrew

11 minutes ago, AndrewMAshton said:

Been to see my brother-in-law in mid-Wales, came back on the A483 from Builth Wells to Newtown, what a fantastic road, 60mph for most of the time, only a couple of villages and very quiet, all told 200 miles Erwood to Harrogate, did it in one, stiff as a board when I fell out of the car in Harrogate, the dog slept all the way.  It helped it was dry and sunny, cheers, Andrew

Hi Andrew,

CT use the A483 on the RBRR in the dead of night - very spooky shadows along the hedgerows.

Roger

Out to the anual meeting of a local "everythink old on wheels" club.

Lots of VW beetle, T1 - T3 buses, Golf, 3 Scirroco MK I (thought they are all gone),

but also lots of american cats of the 60-/70-ies, hot rods fromthe 30-ies, german Ford and Ople, Bitter (you know),

Porsche, DKW, italian Fiat, Maseraty Merak, Alfa, german some AH 100 and 3.000,  2 x TR6, one TR4 (A) (mine),

3 Sunbeam Alpine, some Jags MKIV and E-typels, tractors (also Porschee Junior), military, 4x4 Unimog (alway 4x4).

After that we visited an artists market for the joy of my wife (not so bad), hat some drinks at the beer garden and some italian ice cream.

Nice 50 sunny miles drive throught lovely landscape.

CCC (Classic Cars and Coffee) meeting in Plumpton Green, Sussex. A wide variety of cars Austin 7 , Dodge racers, Ferrari, Porsche a drag racer and all very friendly. No concours boys worried about the finish on the sump.

One car was the winner in overcoming the lead in petrol problems. His engine was designed for the available fuel in the year of construction. 1919. There was no lead in the petrol that year.:):)

On 9/30/2018 at 9:54 AM, AndrewMAshton said:

Have used the A483 when based in Talgarth / Brecon post IWE in Malvern - would recommend the 'roadside diner' (see photo) in Builth Wells (opposite Esso Station, entrance to Jewsons), indeed a lot of roads in this area are delightful to drive

P1040957.JPG

Not in the TR but a visit to Revington TR in the everyday car on our way to a weekend non TR break in Devon. Impressive parts dept there with friendly guys to show u round!

Yesterday

Sheffield park & The National Cat center, & the Lama Park all near Haywards Heath with the TVG on the "Autunm Colours Run"

Finished with Lunch at The Sloop Inn.

Bob.

To Knebworth House for the start of the RBRR.  Good to see RogerH who's marshalling at the start.  You can follow our progress on my just giving page

www.justgiving.com/fundraising/ben-freer2

A few well know faces at the Ice Cream Van !!

I have been out in the 5 today, nearly worn her out this summer ! 

Just a nice drive round Nottinghamshire,  visiting friends and passing the time of day.

Even a visit to TR Enterprises,  had a cuppa and a bit of business.

Happy days, 

Conrad. 

Good Luck to All and especially the Sidescreen stalwarts Ben and Vicky!

Hope to see you at Badgers Holt on Sunday

Iain

Ps I've been to Revington Tr today and had VHP given some tuning TLC. Very pleased with the result,94BHP at the rear wheels.:)

Edited by iain

Good luck Ben and Vicky and all other participants.

Had a great drive this afternoon  down to Weymouth, Osmington Mills, Ringstead, Lulworth, Kimmeridge, Corfe Castle and then home. Just what the doctor ordered after a shite couple of weeks. :D

Plus the 6 was purring all the way round.:D

4 hours ago, Ben Freer said:

To Knebworth House for the start of the RBRR.  Good to see RogerH who's marshalling at the start.  You can follow our progress on my just giving page

www.justgiving.com/fundraising/ben-freer2

Hi Folks,

well, we managed to get 161 cars off at 6pm with a precision LeMans start - actually it was a nice tidy single file 10mph rumble to the A1.  

Good to see Ben and Vicky there. I'm glad they have a good selection of songs to sing to each other.

There was  a well worn Herald coupe - rare cars now, Driven by two dainty bumble Bees. I'll posts a picture later.

Well done CT

Roger

Edited by RogerH

It's sunny up  here now.  Vicky has been singing Monty Python's "We're not dead yet" from Spamalot.....although we are feeling half way there.  Had a very cold night.  Both looking like Michelin men! Wayne's Grinnall was growling nicely although I'd hate to be paying his fuel bill!

5 hours ago, Ben Freer said:

It's sunny up  here now.  Vicky has been singing Monty Python's "We're not dead yet" from Spamalot.....although we are feeling half way there.  Had a very cold night.  Both looking like Michelin men! Wayne's Grinnall was growling nicely although I'd hate to be paying his fuel bill!

Great stuff. Much respect to both of you, keeping the sidescreen adventure flag flying. 

Stay safe and enjoy. 

H

Out on the 150 miles autumn tour of our local old vehicle club.

Lovely sunny weather, small roads through forests for Schorndorf to Öhringen.

Visited there a very nice private car collection, also motorcycles, cameras, radios, glas art.

http://www.motormuseum-oehringen.de/

P1100021-b.JPG.503647b844923c97a513e25f643b7aa1.JPG

P1100034-b.JPG.5fbc792f0d29aa70a3fe2392a9cbf9cb.JPG

P1100045-b.JPG.fa02fe1565703c065e9c2c0b4a610ab3.JPG

The black car in the middle is a 1951 Triumph Renown.

Delicious lunch at a restaurant next to Kloster Schöntal, visit of the cloister and chrurch and return via Schwäbisch Hall.

Today 16 cars from the Redrose group had their Autumn Leaves run from Blakemere Craft Centre to RAF Cosford, then ran back to The Alvanley Arms for a evening meal. A good day out enjoyed by all.

Mike.   Redrose group.

96B264A5-3428-40B2-B739-5AB8397965B8.jpeg

7610A977-DA0E-4C22-8D9F-53EC77F0D1F9.jpeg

D9275C9A-C3BC-4CAF-AF0A-FE284E94DFEF.jpeg

78A5F8FA-35AF-4336-9412-A242AD29D544.jpeg

Edited by brenda