• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

sunset at John o'Groats

Took my cousin out to lunch. She was born in 1918.   Tom

Lovely end to a lovely day. Crisp winter coastal run, and down to the beach for a stroll at sundown.  Happy new year all, Deggers

Posted Images

First thing down to the shop for today's paper and a bottle of milk. Later on around and about the parish to put up posters for the harvest festival.

I promise to try harder next week to do something a bit more glamorous. Some years ago I got a bit fed up with all the crowds at Goodwood, also at Revival the paddock being closed to the hoi polloi. Not like the FOS.

After sampling the local brews in Orléans, we had a late start and drove to ANGOULÊME 220 miles. The T250 and Stag are performing faultlessly (probably shouldn’t have said that). Staying in the smallest Motel room I have ever seen, it is clean and comfortable and that is all we need. Here for the next 4 nights and hope to blag ourselves onto the Saturday rally which cost an eye watering €300 but does include lunch cooked by a Michelin starred Chef.

Is anyone else in Angouleme at the moment who would like to meet up for a beer or 6!

Nigel

Yesterday to Kop Hill Climb. Great show as usual with big turn out on Chilterns group stand. As well as a good barbecue & heaps of cakes Jabekke TR2 & TS2 were on the stand along with the rest.

Now that does look good and sound nice.

Just love the look of those carbs.

Could you run an ordinary Tr3 with 4 H2 carbs to similar effect ???

Edited by Hamish

I put 15 miles on a 97% finished 2.5 Daimler V8 engined TR4 needing a few miles settling in prior to a bit more fettling.

It was the dream of a friend who didnt quite manage to stay with us long enough to see it finished????

Edited by Drewmotty

I put 15 miles on a 97% finished 2.5 Daimler V8 engined TR4 needing a few miles settling in prior to a bit more fettling.

It was the dream of a friend who didnt quite manage to stay with us long enough to see it finished????

Didnt John Hanna race one of those ?

Sorry seems it was a TR3 with a daimler v8

Find him here from last years club sprint info. You may have to scroll down.

https://www.tr-register.co.uk/article/2017/03/0100/Meet-the-Drivers-The-TR-Register-Revington-TR-Hillclimb-and-Sprint-Championship

Thanks Hamish. Its a super smooth engine, pulls beautifully and supplies its own sublime soundtrack.

Yeah I know that sound track.

I sold my SP250 to get my TR3a as I wanted to try motorsport in my own right ( my car not dads)

I didnt want to risk the SP bodywork.

Saturday and Sunday at Kop Hill with the Chiltern TRs - about 28 TRs, including MVC575.

Two runs up the Hill on Sunday, with a fee-paying passenger in the morning (the money goes into the general fund-raising for the event) and a member of Chiltern TRs in the afternoon. Both runs were excellent, with the car holding 4500 in 3rd (3.7 axle) on the steepest part of the ascent.

Graham Robson on start line commentary both days, joined by Wayne on Sunday afternoon.

A cracking weekend in great company.

Ian Cornish

Monday drove to Lyon from Angouleme about 320 miles and yesterday Lyon to Lake Como about 350 miles via Mont Blanc tunnel, stunning roads and scenery.

Today had a day off from driving and took the boat to Bellagio,

Tomorrow driving to St Maritza and the San Bernardino Pass.

Nigel

Friday me and my wife drove 650 km to visited the European TR Meeting at Papenburg / Germany with friends, we enjoyed it very much!

Sunday we went together to the Lüneburger Heide to visit Lüneburg and drive these lovely country roads, today 620 km back.

We are all 4 fine and the TRs too.

• 2 weeks later...

Early evening drive down to Sennen Cove and arrived in time to see the lifeboat launching, took this video from the breakwater.

https://youtu.be/19xoHvjwnpY

Edited by Paul J