• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

sunset at John o'Groats

Took my cousin out to lunch. She was born in 1918.   Tom

Lovely end to a lovely day. Crisp winter coastal run, and down to the beach for a stroll at sundown.  Happy new year all, Deggers

Posted Images

Spent the weekend at Bo'ness. Great run through the Borders on Saturday, quiet roads and a pub lunch halfway round, ideal. Today was a static show with a good selection of TRs and derivatives alongside around 400 other cars. In the background was the roar of the hillclimb with more TRs competing but this did not obscure Wayne's usual high quality commentary. In short the Scottish TR Weekend was a great success, a credit to its organiser, long time Register member Cliff McKinnon.

Cheers Richard

Just the daily run going out with the dog hanging out/over the passenger window. She loves doing that (and the hour walking of course). 10.30 pm gave a lift to my brother to the railway station. Always a special feeling driving the car open topped in the dark!

Went up to Grassington and a gentle stroll around the village, had an afternoon lunch at the Forrester Hotel then home via Kinsley, Arncliff, Malham and Gisburn. Back home on the lights.

Dave

Went for a thrash to Shuttleworth museum and air show..... Arrrrhh the sweet sound of the RR Merlin 70????

Car behaved itself impeccably. Did piss off a M3 driver though. Got the jump on him at a roundabout and he got the right minging arse. ????????????

A bracing run to the Somerset Levels at sparrow's fart this morning. A very informative session on the rolling road at Revington TR having Geoffrey tuned up for the RBRR; and an even better run home - positively wizzed up Zig-Zag Hill :D.

Too many idiot riders and drivers arund here to venture out at weekends. Roads are empty,but so are some drivers' brains.

Oh dear, yet another fatality, maybe two, a couple of miles away:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-45384454

Go carefully when you visit Wales.

Peter

Just goes to show the value of a recce!

Similar story to Ben's - took the 6 out on Monday (3rd) to do a recce for our annual run to Drumshanbo, Co Leitrim with a 'your lot' (aka Triumph Classic Owners Club - Ireland) member, in deciding the route came across some unsuitable roads? that Spitfires might have trouble with

post-4947-0-17615800-1536138806_thumb.jp

decided on Tullynally Castle in Castlepollard, Co Westmeath as a half way stop

post-4947-0-28587600-1536139189_thumb.jp

and found some interesting stuff along the way

post-4947-0-25570700-1536139291_thumb.jp

post-4947-0-79998200-1536139356_thumb.jp

so yes there is 'value to a recce' - cheers Ben

P.S. 'your lot' is a local term used by TR members when referring to the TCOC - Ireland

post-4947-0-17615800-1536138806_thumb.jpg

post-4947-0-28587600-1536139189_thumb.jpg

post-4947-0-25570700-1536139291_thumb.jpg

post-4947-0-79998200-1536139356_thumb.jpg

Edited by B Fitzpatrick

attachicon.gifIMG-20180906-WA0008.jpg attachicon.gifIMG-20180906-WA0012.jpg attachicon.gifIMG-20180906-WA0017.jpg attachicon.gifIMG-20180906-WA0007.jpg

No doubt the steam buffs on here will know what class loco this is, all I know was it was great fun to drive it !

Bob.

Not a big steam buff Bob, but graddad was an engine driver, so I was brought up on our local line which he worked and in the school holiday's with me on the footplate and him letting me drive it....Halcyon day's. :)

Wiki says it's an IVATT class 2MT and that engine was on the last service to Lymington on April 1967, I assume it was from Swanage.

Dave

The Wessex Cream Tea Run was well attended with 24 members and 11 cars ranging from TR3 to TR8 (yes I know .........but two were in a modern one!). Glorious weather and the Forest looking magnificent. The usual dodging of livestock was required - ponies, donkeys and mules (not seen them here before) but fortunately we didn't meet the Marathon runners! Great to see some less frequent members and their cars.

Yesterday, Toronto to near Bancroft via Kinmount (to pick up some new canoe paddles) - about 4 hours.

Today, near Bancroft home to Toronto - about 3.5 hours.

It's quicker if we take the highway/motorway, but why would anyone do that in a TR? Anyway, we were top down (paddles too long for the top to be up) and so it's DEFINITELY back roads. Cold this morning when we left; 5 degrees. It was a bit of a shock because it was over 30 on Wednesday...

Verdict: TR's are fantastic on backroads :D

Also at the Goodwood revival on Saturday. Drove to my uncle's in the 6 the drove to Goodwood in his glorious 4A.