Buying stainless bumpers direct from Harrington

Hi all,

Has anyone purchased stainless bumpers from Harrington direct ?

I made an enquiry on their website, but the answer was a little vague, regarding year, holes in the rear bumper etc.

Any input would be most welcome.

They are Vietnam and require payment upfront, by bank transfer or Paypal, no option for Barclaycard credit card (for the peace of mind)

I get a little cautious when paying out £750 + upfront.

Thanks for your answers, and any horror stories.

Regards.

Mark.

Mark ~

You shouldn't forget that the British customer always comes last in this Country!

I bought the s/s bumpers for my 'E'-type Jaguar direct from Harrington's direct with no problems

and first class service in a matter of days if that is any help.

Tom.

I bought the bumpers for my TR3B direct from Harrington. Couldn't have been easier, and the bumpers fit up absolutely perfectly -- maybe better than OE.

Had I been able to pop in someplace and buy them firsthand, I'd have probably done that. But if you go mail order, don't worry about it.

i-sNXf57k-X3.jpg

Don't you find these stainless bumpers mark very easily? Reason for asking is I've cleaned some stainless bumpers on a Stag and couldn't believe how easy it was to scratch them and I am extremely careful.

That is the only draw back with them, you do need to use very soft cloths and dont let any grit get in the cloth. You can re-polish but you need similar stuff to what they polish watch glasses with.

Stuart.

I bought TR6 bumpers direct and had a problem

with a deep scratch in one rear side bumper.

They are very friendly made a new one for me and I did not

have any trouble or costs.

Although they are a bit coarse in manufacturing the surface and the shape are perfect.

They get scratches quite easily and removing them is a pain.

Lot of effort, not to compare with aluminium.

What nobody mentioned is the less weight of the bumpers..

I like that!

Can recommend the company and the bumpers.

Thankyou all for the feedback, i will order the bumpers direct from Harrington. Thought about rechroming, but have heard too many horror stories from people who have had problems.

Thanks again.

Mark.