Hi,

i was wondering if somebody could please help me identify my piper camshaft so that i can set clearances accurately.

I have a couple of bit of information:

1. On the installation receipt it says TR4 CAM to 3TR Spec and on another piece of paper it refers to the cam as a yellow piper

2. The cam duration is 300 and full lift is 110

I cant seem to match this cam to anything on the piper website. Any ideas amongst you lot?

thanks

hi so i have found some more info on the cam:

Timing

Open

Close

Dur

VL

VC

FL

Inlet

Exhaust

does that mean i should be setting the valve clearances at 0.014 and 0.016?

thanks

That looks correct to me. My cam (Racetorations) is similar & clearances for mine are around 0.020/0.022. Which I think are a little wide.

Tom Boyd may be able to confirm this but I believe TR Enterprises sells a Piper cam that TRE calls "Yellow", I thought it was a 3TA spec. I fitted one to my TR3 a few years ago and kept the box for ages but I have just checked and it got binned at the last clear out, sorry. I selected it as it was described as a high torque cam. I don't race, rally or drive more than spirited at times but wanted great pulling power for effortless touring. It does the job for me, an excellent cam. Same lift as standard TR3 cam but with a bit longer opening. I use standard 10 thou cold clearance. If you go to 12 thou you can hear it rattle, not nice.

Mick

Hi, the 3TY &3TR (4 cyl) are Piper cams to our profiles

The above data sheet is correct

Tom