Looks like Swallow Doretti Chassis 1292 sold yesterday at Bonhams auction in California for 131k. Supposedly the last one made, and a nice example for sure.

https://www.bonhams.com/auctions/24811/lot/100/?category=results&length=90&page=1

Cheers

Dan

P.S. This one goes up on the block on the 31st: https://rmsothebys.com/en/auctions/AF18/Auburn-Fall/lots/r0383-1955-swallow-doretti/700905

Edited by 2long

Don,
I'm just wondering if you knew Ed DeBrecht who was a Triumph dealer in Saint Louis.
He contacted me back in 1991 after reading a Doretti article in C&S magazine and we exchanged a few letters.
I am now getting round to updating a short item about him and thought you might be able to add some local Triumph-related info.

Ken

Don,

I'm just wondering if you knew Ed DeBrecht who was a Triumph dealer in Saint Louis.

He contacted me back in 1991 after reading a Doretti article in C&S magazine and we exchanged a few letters.

I am now getting round to updating a short item about him and thought you might be able to add some local Triumph-related info.

Ken

Ken -- your post here reminded me of a message from you that came while I was on the road and dropped below the fold before I remembered to reply.

I never met Ed, but I bought a Saab 900 Turbo from his son Steve in 1990. Steve stayed on as a salesman for a time at the family dealership after the family sold it to Mallory. It had been DeBrecht Saab on Watson Road here in Saint Louis for many years, and then Mallory Saab for a few years before closing.

Ed attended the Ambassador Hotel event hosted by Dorothy Deen to launch TR and Doretti, as you probably know. He was a founding member of the SCCA, too, as I recall. I think our local club may have published a nice obituary on his passing, which I'll see if I can locate.

Ed gave quite a bit of his TR ephemera to our mutual Doretti friend for collection or private sale ten or more years ago. He many still have some of that, but I know he's also sold some. I tried to reach out to Steve DeBrecht, who I believe is still in the area, five years or so ago so I could transfer some of the monies owed him, but never got a call back. I'm sure Steve would have a ton of recollections if you could hook up with him. I'll see if I have contact info as a starting point.

I have this badge from the DeBrecht ephemera in my collection. This was Badfrog's old Triumph dealer in Paris.

i-ZJd4WCj-X3.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Of course it is.

Stuart.

• 1 year later...