Wiper Switch fixing problem

Hi,

Moved on to the interior of a long 74 TR6 restoration project.

Got a new wiper/wash switch, the big round one that pushes and turns not a rocker.

Trouble is it doesn't come with the fixings, numbered 81 to 85 in the Moss book.

Have tried all the usual suppliers, including those who deal in second had parts with no luck.

Does anybody know where i can get these or any other suggestion.

If not does any body know the thread size and type on the switch as will try and make something. tried lots and nothing seems to fit and have to be very careful due to the soft plastic.

Thanks

Dave

Dave, it sounds like you dont have the old switch to cannibalize. I think some of the popular suppliers in the UK sell bits that have been salvaged from scrapped cars or there is always eBay or someone here that can look through their collection of bits.

Every time I use my wiper switch I wonder if this will be the time that it breaks. The operation is so stiff and the mechanism so flimsy.

Stan

We have the old switch but not the fixings, the dash and all switches were in a very bad state when we got the car a few years ago. Slowly getting there.

Have asked a few of there usual suppliers with no luck yet.