Just noticed my tyre age is back to 04 so this could be why they squeal at every corner if theve gone a bit hard!

So what tyres are we all going for?

Cant justify the cost of the ved sports..are the t tracs any good

Any satified users can point me in the right direction

Thanks T

Another happy T-Trac consumer here..... agree that the sidewalls are not so easy on the eye, but super balance of cost/performance

..... Andy

I think you'll find that Camskill will deliver most places but may have slight premium. Call them as they are very helpful.

Just bought and fitted 165X15 T Trac 2 and all comments about original type appearance aside they look OK on new splined Minilites. Kind of have a look of originality but price and quality did it for me.

I have XAS on my Chromed wires and they are already 5 years old and have only done 3000 miles, way too much cash for a limited amount of use.

b r

Rod

Is there a supplier for t track in Devon area? Never heard of them before. Chris.

Hi Chris

Vredestien T-Trac are available on line, then get you local fitter to fit them.

Camskill at £39.90 Incl VAT

Tyremen are also excellent for advice and sometime a good deal

Iain

I've got 195/70/15 on at present 0n Tr6 wheels..are these too wide for a 3a?

The steering is heavy at rest but ok on the move

Thats a very personal choice. I like the 165/80's.

Dougal at Longstone has an opinion.

Iain

He must say michelin XAS in his sleep.

He struggled to ever mention another tyre !!

As Tony cant justify the vredestien sprints the xas is a no go.

As to sizing. He always want to keep it as near original as possible which I understand. But you can use larger tyres and still enjoy the car.

I have 185 s on my 3a and its fine.

H

Blockley 550X15 cross ply tires, steering is super light "like power steering" road contact very good.

Do you have any photos of those on a TR? We've talked about them on here, but I don't think anyone has seen Blockley cross plies on one of our cars.

Edited by Don H.

What aspect ratio, Hamish?

Vredestien sprint classic are 185/70x15 for road/track day/ sprint competition (wets)

The dry competition (sprints and hillclimbs) tyres this year have been maxsport RB5 f3 185/55x15 road legal here in uk but too soft and low for real road use.

These are on minilite style alloys this year.

Last year the vredestien were on TR6steels.

H

I only have this size tyre as thats what the PO put on and they had got old.

I put vredestiens on my previous classic SP250 in 165/70x15. Lots more power that my tr and that was a fun car to drive.

Edited by Hamish

I use Hankook 165/15 and have no trouble keeping up with other cars on the windy bits. These cars are not the best handling things so expensive tyres is a bit like polishing a t..d, it is till a t..d!

I use Hankook 165/15 and have no trouble keeping up with other cars on the windy bits. These cars are not the best handling things so expensive tyres is a bit like polishing a t..d, it is till a t..d!

John

I have been told that you cant polish a t#rd.

( normally on the rare occasion I get a bit smarter to go out in company !!)

But I have found that you CAN ROLL IT IN GLITTER ????