TR250 side rear wing badges

Hi

I am nearing the end of a complete renovation of my 1967 TR250 and am struggling to find either replacement or new rear wing badges as mine are somewhat worn.I have hunted in the states and in the UK. with no luck. Getting new ones made is expensive and no one is sure whether they are paint infill and chrome letters or are enameled. They certainly do not look like regular enamel cream infill so i have ground to a halt. I wondered if anyone knew what the actual make up is and where i might get them renovated or replaced?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Regards

David

Hi David, i have recently sold a pair of them,

I will look and see if i have any left.

Cheers,

Conrad.

I think they have TR250 on them and the TR5 ones say 2500.

Rear wing side badges for TR250 that say TR250 are 621866 - They were a foil badge in a cast chrome housing made originally either by CE Marshal or J Fray. Badge saying 2500 is TR5 rear wing side.

TRF USA

http://trf.zeni.net/...TR250GB/330.php

or Moss UK

https://www.moss-eur...250-621866.html

The Ivor Davis item looks like the foil bit only to repair your existing housings.

Peter W

Hi

Thanks for your great response. I have contacted Pamela David but had no response as yet. I have also contacted several other manufacturers but the price is astronomical for just the two badges.

They are in fact a die cast metal ( what appears to be brass looking at the pins. ) My real concern is that the cream infill is not enamel but either an enamel paint or some sort of plastic?

I have a spare of an original rear badge ( Picture attached: which is identical in make up but the side badges are 30mm longer and about 5mm thinner) and it does not appear to be enamel. I will follow up the leads you have given me, but the Moss and Rimmer options are black letters on a chrome background which I believe are not correct as they should be chrome ( Or Foil covered) Letters on a cream back ground. I will definitely contact TRF in the states.

Thanks

David

post-15135-0-18168000-1535007524_thumb.jpg

post-15135-0-28342100-1535007556_thumb.jpg

Hi Conrad

Yes I know its a boot badge, It was just to show the paint, but i have 2 250s here from the states and they both have the side badges with the cream enamel and nost detled pictures i have sen they also have the cream infill. So, bit confused.

David

Whoops sorry, i have now read your post properly.

Someone has messed with them.

Pm me and send me your phone or email...i will try and find you a pair.

Cheers,

Conrad.

Hi David,

Figure 51 in the TRIUMPH TR250 handbook depicts the badge you cite; letters are black on a chrome background. This is consistent with the originals from my 1st '250 I bought in 1976 and with TRF's current supply. I've never seen cream enamel with chrome letters on this badge in pictures nor in the flesh, and I've been vigilant since 1973 when I bought a TR4. I've got the foil covered reproduction items from TRF on both my cars; I'll have to check in my storage to confirm the originals were foil overlayed as well.

TRF's enamel and chrome badges are the best available by far ( once upon a time they had the TR5 badge too, but alas sold them out long ago and the TR5 community never formed a quorum to re-commission them ).

post-1059-0-67799000-1535031323_thumb.jpg

post-1059-0-48281600-1535031375_thumb.jpg

Cheers,

Tom

bit more of a close up of my 250

Boot and rear wing pics. after post in I looked at Toms and the pics are better than mine, apologies Tom

post-4234-0-43889500-1535034420_thumb.jpg

post-4234-0-01402300-1535034436_thumb.jpg

Edited by pfenlon

Hi Dave,

No, everything was originally red except for the front wing and indicator lenses. I went out of my way to find the amber taillight and side marker lenses, as they look so much better to my eyes. I got some NOS front wing light assemblies which were wired for signals, so fitted clear lenses to the fronts as well - all non-original for TR250s.

Found some amber ones for the Valencia car too:

post-1059-0-38769200-1535577354_thumb.jpg

post-1059-0-11300700-1535577379_thumb.jpg

Cheers,

Tom