I have some wheel trims?

To restore these the dents will have to be shrunk. This operation can be done by rare metal men. Good luck finding one ( mine passed away last year but I'm trying out a former apprentice ) and prepare to pay the fare ( lotsa ).

Had eleven of these once, fenced (4) of the worst and kept (7) in fair to good condition. No plans to ever use them, as they always looked fake to me ( because they are? ) and the wheels they fit are flimsy as hell, seldom true running.

As I see it, the best route to a fine set of these is to be vigilant and buy unbent/ undented ones as they become available. I'd say a good example is worth $200-$250 over here.

The way to remove these ( absent the tool supplied with the cars bearing these trims ) is with a large flat bladed screwdriver inserted through the slots, into the gap between the wheel and the dummy trim next to the pip stud and giving it a gentle twist. Off pops the trim by the 2nd one.

Cheers,

Tom

To restore these the dents will have to be shrunk. This operation can be done by rare metal men. Good luck finding one ( mine passed away last year but I'm trying out a former apprentice ) and prepare to pay the fare ( lotsa ).

Had eleven of these once, fenced (4) of the worst and kept (7) in fair to good condition. No plans to ever use them, as they always looked fake to me ( because they are? ) and the wheels they fit are flimsy as hell, seldom true running.

As I see it, the best route to a fine set of these is to be vigilant and buy unbent/ undented ones as they become available. I'd say a good example is worth $200-$250 over here.

The way to remove these ( absent the tool supplied with the cars bearing these trims ) is with a large flat bladed screwdriver inserted through the slots, into the gap between the wheel and the dummy trim next to the pip stud and giving it a gentle twist. Off pops the trim by the 2nd one.

Cheers,

Tom

Thanks Tom,

my metal basher retired a couple of years ago, old school nothing was a problem I miss his skills for certain.

I have put the rims on Ebay UK to see what the market values them at.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Triumph-TR5-parts/132750123436

Edited by pfenlon

Hi Pete ~

In days of old we never, ever used tyre levers or any such thing to remove similar trims.

We used to thread a rag between the holes and yank them off without damage.

Tom.

How clever and obvious is that!

I use a wide bladed screwdriver wrapped in rag to lever off the trims on the Stag, levering on the ring behind the trim - but your method sounds much better Tom, thanks.