The crucial point about the down pipes is that, for reasons of safety, should extend right down to the chassis rail. Non standard, but the thing to do.

Stacks, with the smoother edge, so less air turbulence, I gather, fit into an air box or filter. So I'm mistaken. Sorry. Unless you link to purpose-built ally air box, feeding off cold air duct...

What I should have written is that ram pipe designs vary a lot. In some, a straight tapering pipe, at different angles, depending on model. The point being that some are proven to release more bhp than others, which is worth following up.

1 hour ago, DavidBee said:

The crucial point about the down pipes is that, for reasons of safety, should extend right down to the chassis rail. Non standard, but the thing to do.

Stacks, with the smoother edge, so less air turbulence, I gather, fit into an air box or filter. So I'm mistaken. Sorry. Unless you link to purpose-built ally air box, feeding off cold air duct...

What I should have written is that ram pipe designs vary a lot. In some, a straight tapering pipe, at different angles, depending on model. The point being that some are proven to release more bhp than others, which is worth following up.

Thank you David for taking the time, was planning on a long tube.

I think the best place to spend any more money would be on the nut holding the steering wheel....

• 2 weeks later...

Well done looks good.

only the best of us do it :ph34r:

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/16/2020 at 3:45 PM, MilesA said:

:angry: Very irritated impressed if that is a modern grille!

Keeping my eyes open for a really good softer old grille (hen's teeth1) to modify.

Miles 

This is stated as original and in great condition. It's neither to my mind

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Triumph-TR3A-TR3-Grille-Assembly-802174-Original-in-GREAT-Condition/124223093969?epid=9037970803&hash=item1cec45fcd1:g:D3UAAOSwyylepv-I

This might be original but I guess only of use to do what Hamish and I have done.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Triumph-TR3A-Grille-Assembly-802174/114071126968?epid=9037970803&hash=item1a8f2b43b8:g:nGAAAOSwNNVeIeAF

Anyone got a spare spare wheel cover in steel?

Cheers

Ed

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi wonder if you will get this but you have my old car that I used to race. 
i bought the car in Jos in Nigeria and airfreighted it back and made it into a race car. I had a lot of fun in it 

if you are interested make contact and I can send you more info and photos. 
jim prentice. 07775722388