Shaved doors

The car will getting some minor body work done next year in preparation for a respray.

I'm hankering after getting the doors shaved. I've seen (non TR) cars at shows in the UK where this has been done along with the removal of the wing mirrors and I think it looks stunning.

Rendezvous_Kenora_2012_048.jpg

DSCF0051_jpg.jpg

What do you think?

PS: I've only ever seen one TR6 with shaved doors but it was a horrible metallic purple fastback in Rees Bros in Aldershot so not a good advert for the idea.

Usual method for opening then is by remote, but these days I wouldnt be so keen on mirror removal.

Stuart.

That looks fun.

Saw a Mk2 Cortina at a show with motorised doors. The owner walked up with the remote in his pocket and the doors powered open. A few jaws dropped.

I should point out that the 6 is my daily driver.

Getting in isn't an issue as the roof rarely goes up and it's parked in the garage overnight.

This is just musings at the moment. Got 12 months before anything happens as we are planning to do Stelvio with WFTR first.

Agree regarding mirrors although my lotus elan+2 left the factory without them as standard. Helped aerodynamics apparently! I have to say I didn't notice their loss. But then rear vision was pretty good through the central mirror.

Tim

While its a worthwhile safety addition, no mirrors means you HAVE to look round before you manoeuvre (the "lifesaver" as it's known to motorcyclists) I really liked my car without mirrors, it made me a much more cautious driver. I sold the car and bought it back and the interim owner had put a drivers door mirror on it. I am tempted to take it off but don't really know what I'd do with the holes......

Simon

Edited by simonjrwinter

I may as well remove my mirrors as I cannot adjust the bullet shaped mirrors to see anything useful.

As per the post above (and habit from riding a motorbike) I look over my shoulder anyway.