another at auction

You might like to read the MOT history on this car https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/

Stuart.

Looks like PC has also infiltrated the MOT test. Id like to know if in doubt over integrity of welded repairs, how it passed? Unable to scratch away a small area of coating for inspection maybe?

When I was an MOT tester back in 79/80 you could poke a screwdriver through the dodgy undersealed newspaper/ filler makeovers to sills/ chassis etc and tell the owner to xxxx off with it.

Maybe youre not allowed to do that now as it might offend. (On either account of course!)

Kevin

Edited by boxofbits

I suspect the amount of underseal lagged over it still didnt convince the inspector enough so he did an advise! Though to be fair if you read the sales blurb on the auction site it seems that it was right after that it had a new chassis.The mileage over all those years show it never did much anyway.But I would still be having a very good look at the shell as well. Caveat Emptor!

Stuart.

Is the TR5 back in production! You would think so with the number popping up left right and centre. The old saying was if you had a logbook, number plate and a part of the car then you could produce a long lost classic!

Dave

DaveR

Well at least we now know there are 17 taxed fake TR5's and 12 Sorn'd fake TR5's.

'Fake' defined by the commission number/vin number NOT starting with CP.

Mike :rolleyes:

Is the TR5 back in production! You would think so with the number popping up left right and centre. The old saying was if you had a logbook, number plate and a part of the car then you could produce a long lost classic!

Dave

Whats wrong with that, its another TR back on the road. I have used other rust free bodies in US scrapyards to make up a very nice car.

there must be many folk who's old TR has rotted away in the garden, being left with only a log book and running components.