Lever arm damper gaskets

Does anyone know of a source for the cover gaskets for lever arm dampers? I know about reconditioning services but I havent seen anyone selling the right shape gaskets for TR6 dampers. I want to clean mine and try some updated fluid before I have them reconditioned, Id rather have new gaskets available if possible.

Does anyone know of a source for the cover gaskets for lever arm dampers? I know about reconditioning services but I havent seen anyone selling the right shape gaskets for TR6 dampers. I want to clean mine and try some updated fluid before I have them reconditioned, Id rather have new gaskets available if possible.

In the 1960/1970's I worked for a company called Coopers Mechanical Joints, now owned by Felpro, a US company. They had the contract from Armstrong to produce these gaskets which were produced on steel press tools in order to give a very accurate clean cut. The original gasket material came from the USA which was unobtainable in Europe as it had to have a high resistance to hydraulic oils. I know that this is not much help but gives you an idea of what is required.

Bruce.

Thanks chaps.

Bruce, A bit off topic butI did my apprenticeship at Coopers in the late 1970's. Slough trading estate had some useful companies then such as Cygnet piston rings where you could get ring sets very cheaply.That combined with free gaskets and 60% discount from Burnham pistons and Bearings made engine rebuilding quite inexpensive.

Chris

Bruce, A bit off topic butI did my apprenticeship at Coopers in the late 1970's. Slough trading estate had some useful companies then such as Cygnet piston rings where you could get ring sets very cheaply.That combined with free gaskets and 60% discount from Burnham pistons and Bearings made engine rebuilding quite inexpensive.

Chris

Hi Chris!

I was a bit before your time. I started in 1963 and finished my apprenticeship in 1968 and went to work in the Tool Room Inspection Dept. Then became a buyer for many of the components of those gasket sets, then finished up in the Sales office and left in 1977 before the colipase, as I could see the wheels coming off? I still have very fond memories of working there.

Bruce