Thanks to Bob Le Brocq for fixing me up with a set of his LED tail lamps. I installed them this weekend. They fit perfectly and are quite bright, which is what I was looking for, particularly visibility to others. They give me a bit more confidence while driving at dusk along with halogen head lamps.

If you don't already have a pair, I urge you to contact "lebro"!

Thanks again, Bob!

Thanks to Bob Le Brocq for fixing me up with a set of his LED tail lamps. I installed them this weekend. They fit perfectly and are quite bright, which is what I was looking for, particularly visibility to others. They give me a bit more confidence while driving at dusk along with halogen head lamps.

If you don't already have a pair, I urge you to contact "lebro"!

Thanks again, Bob!

+1 Excellent brightness. Also have the centre stop lamp mod from Bob.

In addition I fitted these at the front beneath the standard clear glass beehive lenses, They give bright white sidelamps & switch to amber when the indicator works. Have also fitted to the back of the TR3A in the indicator places with clear lenses so they can work as reversing lamps when required. Not cheap but other UK drivers expect to see amber indicator flashers at the front, not the standard white ones our cars have.

http://www.bettercarlighting.co.uk/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=654

Peter W

Or as an alternative get some orange paint and and paint the bulb leaving the centre clear. The orange reflects off the grill and gives a bright orange indicator whilst showing clear white light through the centre.

No offence intended but I can find other ways to spend the cash for two bulbs.

I found that nail polish works well and if it scorches it takes a short time to scrape off and re-apply.

Rod

Or as an alternative get some orange paint and and paint the bulb leaving the centre clear. The orange reflects off the grill and gives a bright orange indicator whilst showing clear white light through the centre.

No offence intended but I can find other ways to spend the cash for two bulbs.

I found that nail polish works well and if it scorches it takes a short time to scrape off and re-apply.

Rod

Good idea. I had not considered that. As you say it is a shock to pay so muck for light bulbs.

Peter W

• 1 year later...
On 8/13/2018 at 12:33 PM, BlueTR3A-5EKT said:

Good idea. I had not considered that. As you say it is a shock to pay so muck for light bulbs.

Peter W

You can also buy orange lenses, flat or pointed. I fitted them to OGB 800 precisely because flashing white indicators weren't noticed by all the modern cars.

Bob supplied me with the complete set i.e rear side/flasher/stop ,   rear number plate/brake ,  front side/ flasher orange ,  new led compatible flasher . All with clear fitting instructions , at a very reasonable price . A great improvement in day & night visibility.

Keith

2 hours ago, Fireman049 said:

Here are Bob's rear brake bulbs in action on my 3A. ~ Highly recommended.

Tom.

IMG_1905.JPG

!!!!!!!!!!!