Brands Hatch Saturday 18th August

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Dave McDonald

Dave McDonald
  • TR Register Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 12 August 2018 - 02:43 PM

The CSCC Swinging 60s series will be racing at the MSVR Brands meeting on Sat 18th August on an 8 race programme on the full GP circuit.

The Swinging 60s have a fantastic entry with a full grid of 46 cars with 10 reserves.

Our Marque will be represented by 3 TR6, 1 TR5, 1 TR250, 1 Vitesse and 1 Spitfire. These will compete with USA muscle cars, TVRs, Lotus (7, Elan & Europa), MG (Midget and B), Healey Sprites, Minis, Turners, NSU - yes NSU, BMW, Cortinas, Reliant Sabres, Datsun 240Z, etc

S60s Qualifying is for 30 minutes at 09-50 with the 40 minute race starting at 15-30.

Well worth a visit. We welcome the support. Full access to the paddock to see all the cars. If you do come make sure to come and say hello in the paddock. Most drivers are only too happy to talk about their cars and welcome questions.

Other races cater for MSVT Trackday cars, Sports 2000, 2 classes of Monoposto single seaters and Bernie's V8s.

Dave McD 

#2 stephen cooper

stephen cooper
  • TR Register Members
  • 541 posts

Posted 16 August 2018 - 05:52 PM

Sounds like it will be an excellent meeting Dave! Sadly I cant make it but good luck! Steve

6d09298b-4ba4-459a-88c7-05639c91cb86_zps
'69 TR6 PI (Dads) RBRR 2008 car no. 38
'70 TR6 (Mine)

www.redrosetrs.co.uk

#3 john.r.davies

john.r.davies
  • TR Register Members
  • 6,095 posts

Posted 17 August 2018 - 05:10 PM

TR at Curborough is being well promoted here, so lets keep this thread going! Its my Vitesse, by the way.

John

#4 jellison

jellison
  • 1,004 posts
  • Cars Owned::-
    Race TR4 1963
    Race TR6 1971
    Race TVR Griffith 1965

Posted Today, 9:20

Fun few laps with you Dave 😉

#5 john.r.davies

john.r.davies
  • TR Register Members
  • 6,095 posts

Posted Today, 9:59

May I warn my fellow TR racers to watch out for that yellow Lotus Cortina, No.32?

Now, I'm as aware as anyone that back markers should be aware of being lapped.    Being bashed aside by this car, going for the inside line into Druids, as he tried to follow the yellow Lotus that I had made room for, could be a racing incident.  But being reported to the Clerk, as he had pushed me into another car was not so acceptable.    That car's driver and I had enjoyed a great race up to that point, and we left the CoC in good spirits with each other.    I didn't shop the Cortina driver, but went to have a word in the paddock, to ask him to be more considerate of back markers.

His attitude was that it was entirely my fault, I had turned in on him when he was half a car ahead, despite the exchanged paint evidence on his car and mine.

It's this attitude, that the faster car is always in the right, is one that has developed in the twenty years I've been racing.  It led to the demise of classic car teams in the Burkitt, as their drivers got fed up with being cut up and damaged by faster moderns, and I'm sorry to see it in SWinging 60s.     Motorsport is NOT a contact sport.

That aside, what  a great race!     I hadn't been on the GP course for twenty years, and as our driver rep. said we may not get a chance to race on it again.      It's a great loss to UK motorpsort that it can be used so rarely, thanks to the law's attitude to newcomers who object to noise previously there!

JOhn

Edited by john.r.davies, Today, 10:02.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users