Diff conversion

A lot deeper than an original by the looks of it Andreas?

Stuart.

Hi Stuart, front end of diff flange and rear end for the rubber mount are same length as TR6.

It is for the purpose that the original propshaft should fit and original mounting points

should be untouched. Maybe I might not like it and than I can swap diff and driveshaft

to the old ones and thats it.

The diff is much smaller and from that it seems to be longer. This type does not need the stub axles

and no bearings there so that space is not needed. The cv flanges directly stick in the diff case in

the crown wheels similar to the stub axles at TR but with a ring that snaps in position.

Only for interest - no need at all - I had a look on some diffs by Nissan on Google and eBay.

The Type R200 diff seems to be suitable with little effort but seems not to be common at Germany.

but also others for example from the easy to find Pathfinder (1:3.7, for very nice price).

Another possible project to keep in mind (the heap is growing) :)

• 2 months later...