Not sure about this?

I'm not sure either! A fastback TR4? I guess when its painted it might look better.????

I'm intrigued by it...

From this one photo, I'd say that it could end up a quite attractive coupe. It likely all depends on the proportions - plenty of "fastback" sports car conversions don't work, but the best of them (Mustang, Aston Martin, Aceca...) are stunning, in my opinion.

More pics, please!

Doesnt that make it a Dove ?

Hamish, please don't mention the bloody Dove, the TR4 section is usually the Dove section in TRaction.

with respect.

The GTR 46 is a great idea, it would have sold well .

Not so hard to do when you realise that all TRs from 4 to 6 and all Spitfires and GT6 used the same windscreen.

My first job was with a bank here in Oz. We had a new marketing manager who decided that we needed to redesign our traveller's cheques. The printer convinced him that a run of 100,000 would be the cheapest way to go. After they were printed, we found that we were selling 3,000 per year, so we had 33 years worth.

I have often wondered whether the same happened at Triumph. "Yes, we can run those windscreens for you but we can do a really good deal on 200,000".

"Hey Boss, I have this great new design for a Spitfire." "Looks great, but remember, we still have 150,000 of those windscreens so make sure it can use those."

Better to have incorporated the remnant of the boot lid into the tail gate.Would make it more practical.

Stuart.

Better to have incorporated the remnant of the boot lid into the tail gate.Would make it more practical.

Stuart.

YES THAT WOULD WORK WELL !

Be interesting to see when painted how it looks

Just needs a glass sunroof to let some air in and it's done