I found a pair NOS years ago......thankfully they didn't cost anything like that! ( they are second hand and need re-chroming!)

However, NOS these days are as Mike says like Hens teeth only more rare. :lol:

Iain

Regarding a re-chrome of headlamp rims, does anyone know if the brass rivet on the early type rims is the type of dissimilar metal that would make re-chroming problematic or require re-riveting?

Cheers

Dan

Brass would chrome fine.

Stuart.

I have fitted the wide type as my car is a US export brought back to the UK. I have kept all aspects of the US spec as that is how it was built and how it will stay. It remains Left hand drive and I have no problem with that just an extra mirror or two.

They are not secure and I have not found a way to be certain they wont come off, I am looking at a possible safety wire/zip tie to prevent falling off.

Cheaper solution....0

https://www.moss-europe.co.uk/clip-rim-retaining-bau1460.html

Peter W

That screw-clamp rim shown in post #13 was still there in the field, four-plus years later. A buddy of mine brought it home today. It’s really good quality, he reports — no corrosion at all. But it’s not Lucas as far as he can tell, and it’s not the same size as a typical Lucas headlamp trim ring. No idea where it came from originally. Maybe a motorbike?