Do I sail the seven seas in search of plunder and wenches .... no

Was this a reference to "Pirate" ( Now Gashead ) relating to Bristol Rovers ... yes

The latter (you may have noticed the year in my user name) - here's hoping for a couple of good signings this week.

...and on Ebay I'm not a massive user, but I've not had problems buying - most people are pretty honest I feel.

Hi Stuart there is plenty of information about TR/MX5 seats, just Google the question as I did.

Check out this website http://www.74tr6.com/miataseats.htm it will help a lot.

In the US the Mazda is called a Miata.

The easiest way is to buy a set of MK2 Mazda MX5 seats, they must have the seat runners.

The MK2 have separate headrests and look more like Triumph seats. You will have to do a small amount of bending and cutting to the seat runners very easy.

You will also need a set of adapter plates, Carl at TR Trader sells them. http://www.trtrader.com plus on his website he explains how to fit them.

It also depends on, how much you want to spend.

In my opinion if you want a top quality job/car the best way is to use the service of Paul Bishop 01962-777800 07516-652599 Paul is in Winchester.

Paul reupholsters MX5 seats all the time.

Like all jobs you have to do some work yourself, below is what I did.

As Mazda seats are now so desirable, not just for TR’s Paul finds it hard to source them, so you would have to buy a set for exchange.

I paid £60 for a rough set.

My seats had the style of runners that have 2 bolts, bolted to the seat base as well as the 4 underneath, after I cut them about I did not like the look of them, so paid an extra £22 for the most common style that bolt just to the underside of the seat.

I did not know that when I purchased my seats.

I was extremely lucky Paul had a set of cream leather seats all done, which suited my interior.

They cost me £550 which I think is fantastic value for money when you compare it to the other options.

Paul now only wants to supply black leather seats, due to the cost of holding leather stocks.

Paul will discount his price if you supply the leather, and will tell you where to buy it from.

This is the option I would have taken, I wanted a nice car.

I think my MX5 seats are fantastic, they lift you up a little and even at 6 foot 2 inches,

It makes the driving position so much better, the best money I have spent on my TR6.

Hi Stuart there is plenty of information about TR/MX5 seats, just Google the question as I did.

Check out this website http://www.74tr6.com/miataseats.htm it will help a lot.

In the US the Mazda is called a Miata.

The easiest way is to buy a set of MK2 Mazda MX5 seats, they must have the seat runners.

The MK2 have separate headrests and look more like Triumph seats. You will have to do a small amount of bending and cutting to the seat runners very easy.

You will also need a set of adapter plates, Carl at TR Trader sells them. http://www.trtrader.com plus on his website he explains how to fit them.

It also depends on, how much you want to spend.

In my opinion if you want a top quality job/car the best way is to use the service of Paul Bishop 01962-777800 07516-652599 Paul is in Winchester.

Paul reupholsters MX5 seats all the time.

Like all jobs you have to do some work yourself, below is what I did.

As Mazda seats are now so desirable, not just for TR’s Paul finds it hard to source them, so you would have to buy a set for exchange.

I paid £60 for a rough set.

My seats had the style of runners that have 2 bolts, bolted to the seat base as well as the 4 underneath, after I cut them about I did not like the look of them, so paid an extra £22 for the most common style that bolt just to the underside of the seat.

I did not know that when I purchased my seats.

I was extremely lucky Paul had a set of cream leather seats all done, which suited my interior.

They cost me £550 which I think is fantastic value for money when you compare it to the other options.

Paul now only wants to supply black leather seats, due to the cost of holding leather stocks.

Paul will discount his price if you supply the leather, and will tell you where to buy it from.

This is the option I would have taken, I wanted a nice car.

I think my MX5 seats are fantastic, they lift you up a little and even at 6 foot 2 inches,

It makes the driving position so much better, the best money I have spent on my TR6.

Thanks for the info ....just made an offer on a set ...and Pauls services will come in useful

I'm a little confused on the type of Masda seats...Its been mentioned that Mk2 seats are the ones to go for as they look more like a TR6 era seat that others....Were there only one style of MK2 seats on the mx5?

Hi, jogger,

When I bought my seats from Paul Bishop, he told me that some Mk 1 MX5’s also had seats with separate headrests, which is what he supplied to me.

Trimmed in black leather with the correct pattern panels sewn in, they look just like the originals.

John

Main thing is removable headrests. Then you can fit the toneau without issues.

Tim

I also have a pair of MX5 seats reupolstered in black leather by Paul 4 years ago. They look like TR seats (horizontal pleats) and proved very comfortable on over 1800 miles of touring Scotland this June. As I am verticly challenged 5'7" I did make adaptors using Ali u channel and wheel spacers to raise them by 1"