Hello all.

The recent hot weather has turned my polybushes into a squeaking nightmare.

They were properly greased when installed in April with the grease that they are sold with.

I cant be alone with this yet have checked the forum and not found the answer.

If you have had this problem, how have you fixed / controlled it?

Cheers

Dave

I guessed more grease Iain but how to get it in without stripping down the suspension? Will the spray ptfe lubricate penetrate to the squeak or is there a technique to use or a certain position to spray it?

Dave,

What make of poly bush have you used? I have not had any squeaks with Superpro bushes, and in temps upto 40 degC.

Was the load on the suspension when everything was tightened?

Graeme

Edited by graeme

Hi Graeme,

Just down the road from you.

I often read that the suspension should be loaded before torquing up, but that was for rubber bushes that flex, but poly rotates does it not? Don’t wish to get into other issues concerning corrosion ot the steel spacer and wishbone surfaces at this point, but will be interested to hear more on the fully loaded debate.

Revington sells a lubricant (Masterlube) which I discovered and which I have been applying to my nylon bushes for the last 22 years. It stopped the squeaking which started in 1996, and I apply it each time I grease the suspension. Just lift the rubber ring with the tip of a small screwdriver and give the bush a squirt - both ends of the bush. It may require a few applications initially to make its way deep into the bush, but thereafter an application when greasing should be sufficient.

Ian Cornish

On the Scimitar Web there was a lot of discussion re. drilling and tapping for a grease nipple on the wishbone to aide lubrication of the trunnion, I have done this to my Scimi resto but has anyone done this on their TR?

I too suffered squeaky bushes, I stripped everything four or five years ago as I couldn't take the irritating noise anymore, and lubricated all the bushes liberally with silicone grease. Now I hear other noises.......!

I think my TR3 suffers from poly bush squeak in hot weather, it is very annoying. I recently stripped out the bushes which were blue, so maybe Superpro, cleaned everything then covered them in SuperPro white silicon grease and put it all back together. A total waste of time as they still squeak.

Sorry no help.

Mick

Hello chaps.

Thanks for all the replies. So pulling the suspension apart and regreasing might or might not solve the squeaks. So it looks like a blast with some kind of spray lube might quieten it for a few weeks or else try to live with it. Hmmmm.... tbh, if there were reliable rubber bushes around then I would change the poly back to rubber. You live and learn.

Cheers

Dave

Dave - when first I applied Masterlube, not much happened until I had used it perhaps 8 times at frequent intervals. It takes time to work its way into the bearing. However, for the last 20 years or so, I've only needed to apply it when I grease the front suspension.

Ian Cornish