Anyone got any thoughts on this Classic car tracker?

Impressed with the video on youtube (unfortunately, unable to post the you tube video clip, forum won't allow it ) but you might be able to view it here https://www.moss-europe.co.uk/classic-tracker-and-immobiliser-tracker1.html

I have to say I'm impressed and tempted but thought I would call on the wisdom of you members.

Best wishes,

Mike ^_^

Edited by MikeThomas

I have a Trackimo fitted (as recommended by Darren)

Wired to the car, but you can disconnect it from the wiring and hide it anywhere on the motor. Magnetic base.

With the app on my phone, I can see where my car is at any time. The app also has a "movement trigger" message which goes to my phone as soon as the car is moved.

Good bit of kit.

Hi Mike,

I did a forum search recently and bought the one 'peejay4a'. has i.e.

Rewire Security Nano tracker.

Used it yesterday for the first time ,very pleased with it.

No wiring just hide it and use phone app.

Has Giff Gaff (o2) sim pay as you go.

It cost about £50

I have the Rewire Security DB-1 Lite on my car with app on my phone and it works well. You can also set it up to send text alerts and it has alerts for vibration, power disconnected, ignition on and towing (car moving with ignition off) amongst others.

Hope that helps (I realise it doesn’t answer your original question!).

Cheers

Steve

Classic Tracker offers a different service from others on the market.

With your phone/ tablet or computer you can remotely immobilise your vehicle.

As all other trackers you will get all notifications in real time.

With the immobilser function in actual fact you have two "remote switches", one can be used to disconnect the fuel pump and the other can be used "trigger" the horn for example.

On a real example: If someone steals your vehicle and the vehicle is being driven or towed away you will get notification that your vehicle is moving from the safe area and where the exact location is.

If the ignition is on you can just access your phone and remotely disconnect the fuel pump so the car won't go to far...call the police and you will be able to give the exact or last location.

If the ignition is off you can activate the horn with the other switch and that will get plenty of attention.

Moss installed and tested the kit on a Triumph, the installation was easy and quick. All the functions work really well as does exactly advertises. A Tracker with the advantage of Remote Immobiliser.

Thanks

Filipe

Got one of these recommended by Pinky (<£30) which send texts to your mobile with GPS mapping plus many other functions, seems a good bit of kit but haven't bought the sim card yet, so not fitted it:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Tracker-Vehicle-Theft-Protection-System-Black/dp/B003XDN58K/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1531895216&sr=8-1&keywords=GPS+Car+Tracker+with+GPRS+and+Vehicle+Theft+Protection+System+%28Model%3ATK103A%29

91YAs4cwlxL._SL1500_.jpg

Cheers

Andrew

Thank you all for your comments, much appreciated, will look into each one on my research.

Fillipe

Thank you for your information as well, just a couple of questions if I may aimed at the Moss - Classic Car Tracker.

Q Is it Thatcham approved and if so what rating?

Q Can it still send a signal if inside a metal container or underground car park?

Q Does it send GPS & GSM Blocking Alerts?

I note from the video clip that it might be cheaper per year if you buy multiple years subscription thus reducing it down from £99 pa, but this is not detailed on the Moss website.

Best wishes,

Mike

Thank you all for your comments, much appreciated, will look into each one on my research.

Fillipe

Thank you for your information as well, just a couple of questions if I may aimed at the Moss - Classic Car Tracker.

Q Can it still send a signal if inside a metal container or underground car park?

I note from the video clip that it might be cheaper per year if you buy multiple years subscription thus reducing it down from £99 pa, but this is not detailed on the Moss website.

Best wishes,

Mike

Hi Mike,

No problem :D happy to help !

Unfortunately not but there's two simple explanations : All Thatcham securty system needs to be installed by a recognized installer while Classic tracker is DIY.

The second reason is that when you have a Thatcham system installed, the dashboard needs to be drilled to install the flashing light of immobiliser. Imagine you have a concourse car for example... Classic Tracker was developed to provide piece of mind and a certain level of control on your vehicle.

Yes, the signal may be low but will still be able to pick up. Even if the signal is lost for some reason you will be notified that the Tracker lost signal and will send you the exact location.

Yes, apart from Anti Jamming system also includes and internal battery so even if someone disconnects the battery or cut the cables the internal battery last up to 8 hours. You will be notified via email, APP on your phone or SMS alert, you have the option to choose how to be notified.

Regarding the multiple years, we can arrange it by special request. It's not listed on our website as we're still on introduction stage...I can tell you in advance that if you buy a 5 year package will cost you £79.80 instead of £99.00 per year.

Hope I've answered your questions.

Thanks

Filipe

Edited by fabreu

The big advantage of the Nano and other systems marketed by Rewire Security is the absence of yearly subscriptions, £99 per year ! you can buy two trackers for that and apart from the SIM top ups no other costs.

PAYG SIMS are now again freely available ( and FOC),from many operators including O2, no need to top up every 3 months just make sure you use it at least once within 6 months.

The comment above that the tracker would function within a metal container I would doubt very much. How can radio waves especially very high frequency ones penetrate what is in effect a Faraday cage!

The Nano and its cousins work extremely well and the Google maps instant read out on your smart phone of the tracker's location is most impressive.

Edited by Paul Down

The big advantage of the Nano and other systems marketed by Rewire Security is the absence of yearly subscriptions, £99 per year ! you can buy two trackers for that and apart from the SIM top ups no other costs.

PAYG SIMS are now again freely available ( and FOC),from many operators including O2, no need to top up every 3 months just make sure you use it at least once within 6 months.

The comment above that the tracker would function within a metal container I would doubt very much. How can radio waves especially very high frequency ones penetrate what is in effect a Faraday cage!

The Nano and its cousins work extremely well and the Google maps instant read out on your smart phone of the tracker's location is most impressive.

I was trying to explain that if the signal gets too low or completely lost you will still be notified

I have the Rewire Security DB-1 Lite on my car with app on my phone and it works well. You can also set it up to send text alerts and it has alerts for vibration, power disconnected, ignition on and towing (car moving with ignition off) amongst others.

Hope that helps (I realise it doesn’t answer your original question!).

Cheers

Steve

What a coincidence, I use https://www.rewiresecurity.co.uk/db1-lite-compact-gps-tracker-tracking-device on my car too and the recent upgrade of their software is really great.

I bought DB1-Lite for the rather cheap price and use a Giff Gaff pay as you go. Despite the price, everything is really top-notch; the APP, the device itself and the software are all really responsive and high-quality. I really like Rewire Security products and their price policy.

You can definitely consider this one as an alternative Mike, you will save a lot of money in the end.

• 1 year later...
On 8/6/2018 at 4:49 PM, pinky said:

Hi had the above for a year, works a treat,

Can't believe that it is so cheap,

Not much more I can say really

10 out of 10 and a star

Pink

Hi Guys, I've got one of these as well but haven't fitted it yet.

Where do you recommend fitting everything?

PM me if you prefer.

Cheers Darren

I went for a cheaper option https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vehicle-Car-Truck-Tracking-Relay-GPS-Tracker-Device-GSM-Locator-Remote-Control/312817899515?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649 put a 1p mobile sim in and works fine so far on the Stag and will fit to the 6 and the 4A shortly.

comes with YunTrack software which is basic but functional. Has the facility to remotely cut the circuit to the fuel pump and texts you if it leaves a chosen boundary. You can track it from phone PC or iPad. 

£16 and does a job.

I tried a similar one but the software was pants and didn’t cope with the UK sim options which required you to choose the net settings.

21 hours ago, DRD said:

Hi Guys, I've got one of these as well but haven't fitted it yet.

Where do you recommend fitting everything?

PM me if you prefer.

Cheers Darren

Darren PM'd you.

Mike

39 minutes ago, Crawfie said:

been looking at trackers for the 4a but as yet have not found which phone company does pay as you go sims any more

Chris,

You need an o2 "classic pay as you go" sim.

Dozens of these sims for sale on eBy which should work but be quick. o2 are stopping the service soon, but if you already have a sim when they do stop they will honour it. However they won't let existing customers from a different o2 service swap over to the "Classic". Also there is a limited number of new sims out there so when they are gone there will be no more.

The eBay sales look a bit like a scam at first, but I believe they are genuine. They sell the sims for 90 pence, but then give you a 70 pence discount. I think this is simply because ebay has a 90 pence minimum sale price. I wondered how the dealers made their money, and I gess they get a small percentage from any future use of the sim from o2.

I know this to be true as I have a non technical friend who recently got a tracker and he asked me to look into the sim situation. He says all works as required.

You do need an unlocked phone though as you need to set up the sim in a phone first. (Unlocked for any carrier or one that is locked to  o2 )

o2 will work on 2G, which is what many of the lower priced trackers work on. If you go for another carrier, make sure that it is able to use the 2Gnetwork if that is what your tracker needs as several other carriers no longer support 2g.

Hope that helps

Charlie D

2 hours ago, Crawfie said:

Try Tesco.

Or Asda - it does old school pay as you go, top up, Sim  - just have to use once in 180 days to ensure credit does not expire and account remains live.

Edited by MilesA
3 hours ago, trchris said:

Hi all

been looking at trackers for the 4a but as yet have not found which phone company does pay as you go sims any more 

Chris

I got a free one from O2, you just need to use it at least once in 6 months. I think that's the same with Giff Gaff as well.

Darren

13 hours ago, Andy Moltu said:

I went for a cheaper option https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vehicle-Car-Truck-Tracking-Relay-GPS-Tracker-Device-GSM-Locator-Remote-Control/312817899515?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649 put a 1p mobile sim in and works fine so far on the Stag and will fit to the 6 and the 4A shortly.

comes with YunTrack software which is basic but functional. Has the facility to remotely cut the circuit to the fuel pump and texts you if it leaves a chosen boundary. You can track it from phone PC or iPad. 

£16 and does a job.

I tried a similar one but the software was pants and didn’t cope with the UK sim options which required you to choose the net settings.

Andy - does this have a GPS antenna you need to attach?

Darren