For a 4 cylinder using NGK BP6HS (short reach) use Nippon Denso W20FP-U and for a 6 cylinder using NGK BP6ES (Long reach) use Nippon Denso W20EX-U or W20EP-U or W20EP, not sure why there is a choice in the long reach

Stuart.

Hi Folks

all my small boxes agree with the original product as per the Utube video. I'm now concerned that the UTube video is a fake :huh:

Roger

I have often wondered if this entire forum is fake news. Why would apparently intelligent men spend so much time trying to keep a aged vehicle on the road when for a fraction of the cost they could have a pedal cycle to take them to the pub, where they could spend the time putting the world to rights.

Dunno about the 4-pots but my CP spec engine on Webers uses BP7ES, the BP6ES running white. 30K mile changes are possible though I haven't always waited that long. 125K miles and counting, and no reason to consider switching.

I use the same plug in higher c/r engine with very high lift cam.

Cheers,

Tom

Since 1993, when 4VC went back on the road, I have been using BP7HS set at 32 thou, because that's what Neil fitted.

I'm on SUs with electronic (Newtronic/Piranha) ignition, and get about 115 HP at the wheels, but even in traffic jams, never seems to oil up - although it hates such conditions and tick-over is all over the place!

The plugs don't seem to erode and I change them seldom, but I remember that (in the 1960s) my old bog-standard TR2 on points used to suffer from erosion of its plug electrodes.

Ian Cornish

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Folks,

the new NGK plugs lasted just 2 weeks.

Yesterday and today the car appeared to be running on 2 plugs at low revs.

Not sure at high revs as things tend to smooth out at higher revs.

Tomorrow I shall fit the champions and see how they play the game.

Roger

Roger

send these plugs to NGK for there assessment.....let them do the PQI...unless they were too cheap to be true :ph34r:

Iain

Edited by iain

Sounds like a mixture problem, can you recover them with a brisk wire-brushing??

Hi Folks,

the new NGK plugs lasted just 2 weeks.

Yesterday and today the car appeared to be running on 2 plugs at low revs.

Not sure at high revs as things tend to smooth out at higher revs.

Tomorrow I shall fit the champions and see how they play the game.

Roger

Hi Dave,

funny you should mention mixture. From the colour of the plugs they were just on the weak side of good.

Have opened the main jets one flat.

I have also fitted Champion L87Y plugs.

It is running very well again.

We shall see what the next couple of weeks brings.

Roger

Have heard that Champion are not as good as they used to be! Do we know if there are fake Champion &/or Nippon Denso around?!

Cheers.

Have heard that Champion are not as good as they used to be! Do we know if there are fake Champion &/or Nippon Denso around?!

Cheers.

Champions went down hill in the late 80`s no idea what they are like now but it was at that time everyone went over to NGK`s but obviously now its difficult to tell whats good and whats bad as there is so many fakes around.

Stuart.