Enough Talk about Fake Cars Please

Haha Peter .

I actually meant that most people dont use blockers.

But you are aware that the blockers track you instead?

https://www.wired.com/2016/03/heres-how-that-adblocker-youre-using-makes-money/

Are you sure you dont see fake stuff everywhere including here?

Just had a case of a very well know member writing to me turns out it was is wife using his identity to play games.

You sure only FB can be wrong?

Any tool can be abused...

Unsolicited ads after Google ? I use it a lot and never get any ads at all. None.

Nor from other sites - adblocker kills them.

The problem that Facebook increasingly faces is its association with fake news.

Old cynics like me ask, if news is faked, what else on there is also fakery ??

Peter

Well they shouldnt and if they do they should sign off as to who they are Roger didnt joing our group Sue did..., otherwise its their problem not mine to check.

If they are well intentioned they shouldnt come on other groups try to make a storm in a teacup and then try to play games here asking silly questions.

All that strange series of coincidences stinks for sure.

Someone ought to explain the point??? As the only one I see is playing games???

Rem18 - Roger and Sue use the same profile to post. There aren't any "games" being played - check the profile post history and you'll see they have done that since forever.

I think we have established that Tony is a FB evangelist, while others see no point in enriching Mark Zuckerberg any further. I think the point of advertising the FB site has been served but the discussion also looks to be getting out of hand and a bit personal - so how about being consistent with recent practice and locking the thread at this point moderators?

Ahh Rodbr at it again with the insults.

Got no real answer to fake cars? Prefer insults?

Sticks and Stones...

In the interest of avoiding this constant degeneration Please refrain from commenting my post further thanks.

Just for the record only an 11 year old would try and argue with a 12 year old...;)

Its a funny old post this one supposed to be about fake cars instead its about slagging Facebook, Insults and Fake profiles...

When can we get back to the subject?

Hi Tony,

After reading your post 18 I seriously wonder if you are actually a 12 year old playing at being an adult.

Rem18 - Roger and Sue use the same profile to poyyst. There aren't any "games" being played - check the profile post history and you'll see they have done that since forever.

To be fair Sue used to post in her own name.

Graham

I think RobH has it right and this thread needs to be locked, but can I just point out it's not "your" post. You placed it on a public forum expecting a response from the other members so you can't really get upset with people if they don't think it's a great idea.It's also not really your place to tell RobBR not to comment on the forum. He can do what he wants as long as it's within the rules.

Might be worth remembering next time someone replies with something you don't like to a thread you have started.

To be fair Sue used to post in her own name.

Graham

Fair play, I was just trying to point out knowing Roger and Sue there wasn't likely to be anything intentionally misleading in them using the same user account.

Roger

I hope you are not getting on the divergence bandwagon too?

I see no need for such questions what does it have to do with my life long love of TR's?

I really think we should stick to trying to identify proper Tr's on this thread the rest regards my nationality, whether I think Facebook is a valid medium etc is not really relevant is it?

I dont need to know if you have hair or if you like cheese do I Roger hahahahha?

Tony

Hi this is Sue here again

I have not said anything about Facebook being a valid medium on here or on the Facebook page, please dont quote me incorrectly.

It seems you dont like questions about your nationality or wether you are a TR Register member but, on Facebook, you are asking people the commision number of their TR5. Seems to me, the pot calling the kettle black, same difference etc.

The reason I now post using Rogers ID is because as a TR Register family member, I no longer have access to Members chat. I could post on this thread under my own identity but its too much hassle signing out of Rogers Id as I only usually post in members chat but this thread has ruffled my feathers somwhat.

Sue

Edited by RogerH

The reason I now post using Rogers ID is because as a TR Register family member, I no longer have access to Members chat.

The Register really needs to sort this out - if you're paying your subscriptions.....................................

Has anyone brought this up to Wayne before or is it something that needs to be mentioned at an AGM?

Look I cant keep saying this

If I post something about cars and it turns into a free for all about FB and Insults and Fake identities.

Why shoulnt I reply.? Its not my own property but hijaking it to insult is a waste of resources.

Its supposed to be about cars I dont need to apologise to anyone who fancies a bit of sport taking pot shots.

Lock it if you want. The point is still the same.

Its supposed to be about cars, if you prefer to play identity games and insult peole then evidently you dont want to talk about cars start another post of your won.

All,

As mentioned by others, I think that this thread has got out of hand and into insult territory (not pointing at anyone in particular).

Tony (Rem18) has highlighted his FB page/group and its intentions; I'm not sure we need to argue rudely about the pros or cons of Facebook.

I am locking this thread as I think everyone has had the opportunity of right to reply - if anyone disagrees please PM me.

Thanks,

Tim