Rear oil seal mandrel

Gents, does anyone know of an alternative to the steel real oil seal mandrel ? I'm looking at something similar to the clutch plate centering tool made of plastic. Want to check before going for 3D printing or machining my own...

cheers

post-11469-0-31892800-1533171726_thumb.jpeg

Hi Stef,

As far as I know all these mandrills have been made in steel, hopefully NOT to the dimensions shown in the WoM cos it's wrong ! being too large. Easily remedied but a pain after going to the trouble of machining it.

Mick Richards

Hi Stef,

As far as I know all these mandrills have been made in steel, hopefully NOT to the dimensions shown in the WoM cos it's wrong ! being too large. Easily remedied but a pain after going to the trouble of machining it.

Mick Richards

Which is probably why original oil seals are not sealing properly...

Doing a bit of research i found the correct dimension (in red).

post-11469-0-64893900-1533198628_thumb.jpg

Edited by Geko

I’d be surprised if you could get accurate dimensions using 3D printing, without machining the finished piece on a lathe.

Surely the plastic, being soft when applied, will “Squidge” slightly. Plus as it cools it will shrink.

Or can you take those things into account with the software?

Charlie.

I machined one from aluminum for the mad Marx seal, no leaks after almost 5 years and must be 8000miles ( the odometer does not work so guessing)

Cheers

Alan

I have an aluminium Marx type mandrel and an original factory steel one if anyone needs

Stuart.