PI petrol pipes in boot

Hi

Has anyone got a picture of the routing of pump, PRV and filter in a PI boot with the Original Lucas system? loads of pics of the Bosch conversion on the internet but couldn't find original layout.

1) I'm aware of what connects to what , from the Moss diagrams etc, but in particular was wondering whether PRV is placed with outlet to front (seems logical) or back (seems plausible). See pic below.

2) Second question is: what is the internal diameter for the rubber hose connecting tank to filter, filter to pump, return to tank etc?

3) Final question: of the three holes in the left hand boot floor, I guess one is for the pipe to MU, one is for the return, but which is which and what is the third one for? Pump drain?

Thanks all. Have included a photo of current state of play also. Finalising rolling chassis before (another) trial panel fit

post-13702-0-60769200-1533124982_thumb.jpg

post-13702-0-29923900-1533125028_thumb.jpg

post-13702-0-67973600-1533125129_thumb.jpg

Hi Mark

To answer you questions as follows:-

1. Your PRV should be turned the opposite way to your photo.

2. The hose for filter and pump is 5/16” bore but the return to the tank is smaller, I think it’s 1/4” but not sure without checking, if you’ve not bought the pipe yet go for something like Gates barricade.

3. Holes in the boot are if memory serves me right is left one MU return, middle one is main feed to MU and the right hand one is a blank grommet that sits under the tank.

I am sure someone else will be along soon to confirm or correct me soon. The chassis looks good.

Sorry. Quick follow on.

Do I need to clip the feed and return to the rear of the chassis and / or rear diff mount prior to it coming into the car?

I can see two holes with captive nuts on the left hand side chassis member (just visible in photos) I can make a bracket for it but I have a feeling they may be for the PRV on the TR5.

And I can also see two holes on the left hand side front of the rear diff hanger.

Interested to hear what the last anchor point is on chassis prior to the pipes coming into the boot.

Thanks all.post-13702-0-47172900-1533583459_thumb.jpgpost-13702-0-47172900-1533583459_thumb.jpg

Hi Mark,

Last fixing position to chassis is about half way up rear face of upright supporting front diff bridge. In front of driveshaft. You should find a small hole for fixing the clip. Clip is item 110 here, or you could use a small rubber lined P clip.

https://www.moss-europe.co.uk/fuel-system-tr5-tr6-to-c-cp50000.html

A lot easier to sort without the body on!

Ian

Thanks Ian

Luckily the body is off so everything is accessible.

I had really thought the pipes came up AFTER the driveshafts? So much so that I recently split the driveshafts and brought them up that way, as shown, in front of the rear diff hanger. Is that incorrect?

Regards

Mark

Hi Mark,

On my 1970 TR6 the route is bending up from main chassis leg to follow the back of the support for front diff bridge. Both high pressure supply and return are clipped at the point described in last post. Both pipes then take a 90degree bend backwards over the drive shaft, close to the car floor. At roughly the same point under the floor beneath the tank they join to the pipes coming out of the boot. High pressure via a male/male joiner to bent S shaped pipe coming from PRV. The return pipe has a section of rubber fuel hose as a joiner. Sorry I am not with the car at present or I would take a photo.

I hope that helps

Ian

Hi Mark,

I asked the same question some time ago on this forum.

Stuart sent me pics and told me both lines run up behind the drive shaft, so that is how I will route them.

If you pm me your e-adress, I will send them to you.

Regards,

Waldi