1957 TR3 WORKS- TRW 736

Greetings gentleman and ladies,

I have had the recent joy to become the new custodian of a former Triumph Works car, namely the 1957 TR3, registration number TRW 736. This car was employed in the 1957 Tulip Rallye where it placed 1st in class driven by John Waddington and Willy Cave and in the 1957 Liege Rome Liege rallye it placed 3rd overall driven by French rallye champion Bernard Consten. I have an extensive ownership history and the car is in excellent health, having been restored by TR Enterprises over a three year period ending in 2011/12. I look most forward to sharing the car in the future!

I am trying to acquire as many period photos of the car as possible for its history file. I have obtained some wonderful shots of the car at the Tulip and Liege from the John Ross motoring archive and also from Frederic Reydellet's wonderful Triumph in Competition books. If anyone has any further information regarding the car or pictures of the car I would be tremendously appreciative.

Kindest regards,

Hans Abrahams

Welcome, Hans. Good to have you here.

Frederic is probably the world's best source on that information. Another very good source is the Revs Digital Library. I don't know if there are any photos of your car there, but I can guarantee looking for them will be fun.

https://revsinstitute.org/the-digital-library/

Greetings gentleman,

Thanks so very much for your most kind messages. I actually have been in contact with Mr. Louche today and he shall send me pictures of the car that he possesses. He was extremely nice to communicate with and was actually good friends with Bernard Consten. His photo books are superb and well worth a read.

Kindest regards and many thanks,

Hans