Sticking passenger door.

My passenger door is very hard to open. The car is a US import converted to RHD, so it was the drivers door in it's past life. The handle/lock mechanism seems to release the cog OK, but the door needs a firm shoulder shove to open.

I've eliminated the anti bust catch as the culprit (by removing it), and it seems to be just the spring loaded slidy thing jamming on the sticky-out bit (excuse the technical terms here).

I've played around with adjusting both the entire door and the catch, but I cant improve it. Do I just get a replacement catch?

Hi (have you got a first name),

it could be the hinges have seized.

Remove one hinge at a time and see what is going on.

Sometimes it is possible to remove the hinge pin and get it all free again - but don;t put your wages on it.

New hinges work well.

Roger

Edited by RogerH

Nope, definitely not hinges. You can feel it's jammed in the catch, for some reason. Also, I have taken the catch off the door pillar, and it closes fine without it.

Hi Ray,

had the same problem on passenger door with the catch.

Inside there is a spring forced latch which has to slide but did not.

It's not possible to put that in pices because of a rivit, so I put some gun oil in and everythink works well since that.

Ciao Marco

Hi Ray,

sorry, I misunderstoods.

If you press the door handle button can you spin the gear wheel (that locks it.

If you pull the internal handle can you spin the gear wheel.

You should be able to.

Roger

PS - check that the shaft between #34 & 40 is connected

https://www.moss-europe.co.uk/shop-by-model/triumph/tr2-4a/body-chassis/doors-fittings/doors-fittings-tr4-4a.html

Edited by RogerH

Hi Ray, what are the door gaps like, if the tongue on the door is not far enough back it's front face can catch on the fronr inside face of the bit on the B pillar.

You can add your name in your profile "Member Title" so it appears just above where your picture would be.

Edited by potts4a