I currently have braided rubber fuel hose passing around rear of engine bay and into the Weber 45s of my modified TR3A. No problem and as fitted over 10 years ago. Concerned that I should now replace with equally heat resistant braided hose ...but ethanol proof rubber. I have heard this looks like black rubber with orange specs ? Any info appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris.

Thanks Paul,

I will investigate this and other companies. Current fuel pipe may even be 15 years old. Perhaps I should assume that all hose supplied today is ethanol proof.

Chris.

Never assume anything where things like fuel pipe is concerned.

Stuart.

Chris

I got a diaphragm for my TR3A from USA as it was ethanol resistant, and gave it to Dave Davis to insert into the new pump he supplied me, when my aftermarket one disintigrated while in France, put down to the enforced use of E10 fuel.

All my fuel lines are copper except the joiners on the float chambers, so are now to be replaced as well.

I have a friend in Warrington with a TR3B, who just had the flexible pipe to the oil pressure gauge rupture and he lost all oil in about 2 minutes, luckily he had just got home when it happened, so that is something else I must consider.

Dave

my fuel lines are all copper except the joiners on the float lids, so now I must change them to be safe

If you buy hose that states suiteble for unleaded fuel it is probably not suitable for E5,E10.

There are other posts on here, search for SAE J30.

Moss sells some from Gates (barricade), per meter.

Waldi

Car Builder Solutions 01580891309 supply stainless braided ethanol resistant by the metre. Had no problems whatsoever after 2 years.

Previous supplier supposedly resistant the rubber broke down after 6 months!

regards

Ian