TR2 back brakes - Lockheed system

Folks, having had to complete a few domestic tasks I am now back with my brakes and I have a couple of queries:

1) One of the slave cylinders was scored so I bought a new pair (as recommended by Moss). Are they ready to fit or should I take them apart and swill them with brake fluid?

2) Any tips on how to refit the long springs? They are very strong and I'm less so than I used to be. Is it essential that these springs are between the shoes and the backplate, which to my unpractised eye seems pretty well impossible!

Many thanks

Rod

Hi Rod,

if they are anything like the Girling shoes/springs then get the shoes near to were they need to be and connect the springs THEN lever the ends into the slots with a screwydriver etc.

I personally would dismantle the cylinder and make sure they are clean inside.

Roger

Hook a linked Tiewrap around spring end ,tension and push into hole.

If new out of the box why would they have dirt inside, that said I use Red rubber grease around piston top when rebuilding the brakes as do with Rubber seal on caliper (fill the seal with rubber grease using a small syringe.

If new out of the box why would they have dirt inside, that said I use Red rubber grease around piston top when rebuilding the brakes as do with Rubber seal on caliper (fill the seal with rubber grease using a small syringe.

Hi Rod,

ask to see Toronto Tim's pic of a new cylinder

Roger

Thank you so much chaps. As always on this forum timely, invaluable help and advice and though I've been a TR owner on and off for 50 years I couldn't manage without you. At this point I can never resist saying that the 3A at Gaydon 643 HYX was mine in the 70s!

Thanks again

Rod