I like the name 'Bimini' for this kind of top. You know, I was thinking about one, but on hot days here in Hawaii, my full hood really does well for shade, and is not stuffy at all without side screens. So I don't think they are for me. But that one looks quite nice I will say.

Dan

Tom and Dan

Tom, Thanks for posting for me.

Dan, I find that my full hood does not allow circulation of the speed wind/air even without the sidescreens fitted. I tried to find out about a zip out rear window but not possible to modify mine, and to buy a new one was price restrictive, about 4 times what my Surrey cost me.

I got the idea from a picture I got from Don Hiscock in USA, which he called a bikini top. I did not know that somebody produced them for sale, but I wonder how they affixed the material to the back hood stick hoop, does anybody know?

We are due our first period of 40ºC this weekend, so the Surrey will stay on for a while yet.

Dave