Cross Channel car transport

Just wondered if any of the knowledgeable folk on here know of anyone/reliable company who might be able to nip across the Channel to Holland and collect a TR5 for me? It is a non-runner but would roll onto a trailer/flatbed OK.

I am based in the North of Scotland so it is major expedition trying to tie in ferry/tunnel timings with a 1500 mile round trip. If it was on this side of the channel it is a bit easier to come and collect it.

Happy to pay the going rate.

Thanks

Ali

Picture for attention, as they say!!

post-12841-0-91276300-1532514095_thumb.jpg

CARS UK provide a good reliable service , and have moved cars all over for me , providing you do not want a specified timed door to door service , they will fit you in whilst in france and deliver when they have a couple going up to scotland and quite resonable as well.

graham

CARS UK provide a good reliable service , and have moved cars all over for me , providing you do not want a specified timed door to door service , they will fit you in whilst in france and deliver when they have a couple going up to scotland and quite resonable as well.

graham

Direct link for them https://www.carseurope.net/

Stuart.

Hi Al, good luck with the car collection, it looks like you are going up Market !!!

Cheers,

Conrad

Thanks for the suggestions everyone, I will check those out tomorrow.

Hi Al, good luck with the car collection, it looks like you are going up Market !!!
Cheers,
Conrad

Yes Conrad. I thought I would get a proper TR5, not one of these fake knock offs with the 250 badge :D:D:D

(now how can I change my Forum name.......)

Edited by AL TR250

Anyone had any experience using Shiply.com??

Hi Ali, yes I used them to transport a TR6 from Somerset to Nottingham. I just put in what I wanted to do and received about 8 quotes to carry out the work. The chap who got the work on that occasion was brilliant.

In essence you pay shiply about £ 40 and the rest goes to the carrier

Would certainly use them again .

Rex

Hi Ali, yes I used them to transport a TR6 from Somerset to Nottingham. I just put in what I wanted to do and received about 8 quotes to carry out the work. The chap who got the work on that occasion was brilliant.

In essence you pay shiply about £ 40 and the rest goes to the carrier

Would certainly use them again .

Rex

Thanks Rex. I had already decided to go with them. I don't entirely like it, as you don't know who you are dealing with before you accept the quote and of course Shiply are just the facilitator, so you have no comeback with them if things go pear shaped. But..... for £1200 from Austria to the North of Scotland..... Supposed to be here by Monday. We will see....

I used Shipley, Mk 4 Spitfire from Rochdale to Eastleigh. I was re-embersed by the buyer, £190 they did everything we asked. Pick up 7.30 pm deliver by 8am following morning. 1st choice for me.

Dave

Thanks Rex. I had already decided to go with them. I don't entirely like it, as you don't know who you are dealing with before you accept the quote and of course Shiply are just the facilitator, so you have no comeback with them if things go pear shaped. But..... for £1200 from Austria to the North of Scotland..... Supposed to be here by Monday. We will see....

Ali, The quotes I had also had recommendations from previous users so I took those into account when picking the carrier

Good luck anyway, Does this TR5 yodel since its come from Austria ?

Rex

Hey Rex, maybe it Yodels now, but soon it Will have to master the dreaded bagpipes !!!

Conrad.

I think it has the soundtrack from the Sound of Music playing continuously on a loop. It originally spent the first 14 years of its life in the Sarf of England so probably still a bit cockney.

Just need some snow tyres and it will fit right in up here

Anyone had any experience using Shiply.com??

Just bought a pair of MX5 seats from North yorkshire, Shiply delivered then for £48

Excellent service polite and careful, worked well for me.

Ali,

This guy is in Kent and i used him recently to collect a non runner TR4A USA import from Felixstowe docks. Very professional, classic car enthusiast, and a real nice guy. Good to deal with, good price. Kept me informed all through process. Would definitely recommend.

He kept the car overnight as I couldn't take delivery on the day he could collect and he sent me photo of car covered and secure. Worth thinking about as he may 'nip over to holland and back to his place' one day, hold the car as he did mine and then nip up to Scotland the next day.

Contact Colin Townsend. www.thetransporterkent.co.uk

Regards, David B

Ali,

Ahh, just read all the posts and see you've already kicked off. Best of luck. David B

Post may be useful to others. I don't like dealing with a facilitator either. Prefer direct.

Ali,

This guy is in Kent and i used him recently to collect a non runner TR4A USA import from Felixstowe docks. Very professional, classic car enthusiast, and a real nice guy. Good to deal with, good price. Kept me informed all through process. Would definitely recommend.

He kept the car overnight as I couldn't take delivery on the day he could collect and he sent me photo of car covered and secure. Worth thinking about as he may 'nip over to holland and back to his place' one day, hold the car as he did mine and then nip up to Scotland the next day.

Contact Colin Townsend. www.thetransporterkent.co.uk

Regards, David B

I did try him and left a message on his phone but never heard back......

Ali,

Ahh, just read all the posts and see you've already kicked off. Best of luck. David B

Post may be useful to others. I don't like dealing with a facilitator either. Prefer direct.

The car was picked up this afternoon so I'm keeping my fingers crossed....Looked like 2 or 3 guys, so maybe they just drive continuously.

post-12841-0-70430900-1532729426_thumb.jpg

Good luck with that, Im not keen on open transport unless its a basket case in for full restoration hence my suggestion of Covered cars.

Stuart.

Good luck with that, Im not keen on open transport unless its a basket case in for full restoration hence my suggestion of Covered cars.

Stuart.

Let's just say it's not concours condition.......... :wacko:

I think covered transport would have been astronomical!! Even for open transport I was quoted nearly £3.5k by one of the big companies.

Is it back yet, if so how did things go?

Dave

Sorry, nothing more annoying than a thread that gets left hanging.

Yes, it all worked well. Nice Polish guy picked it up on Friday evening and dropped it off on Monday afternoon. The only downside was, for whatever reason, Shiply charge a massive commission when you book pickup in another country £300 instead of £50, so the guy only got £900 of the £1200 it cost me.

At least I have his number now for next time......

That's good, glad it all work out for you.

Don't worry to much, a good wage in Poland is about £550 a month. Shiply would have found him another run down South or even back over to the Europe mainland.

Do you know if Shiply paid the ferry and the paper work?

Dave

Edited by nowtelse2do

Shiply don't do anything except put the buyer and seller in touch. He would have paid for the ferry.

Sounds like he does it a lot, he came from St Tropez to Austria. After me he was off to pick up a car in Inverness and take it to Nottingham.

It works a bit like ebay, in that people leave feedback so you can get an idea of how good they are. This guy had 700 'feedbacks' 99.2% positive.

He's a graffter that's for sure. On the other hand he could be a danger to himself and others by not taking sufficent rest's.

Dave