VUX will soon be home..........

VUX is currently with Tom at TR Enterprises getting a heath check and various other jobs I've requested i.e full service, MOT, new hood, replace the 'wheelbarrow handles' with a new standard s/s exhaust, refit the OE steel wheels, a rear telescopic conversion, other bits 'n' bobs and a professional Detail by Chris 'The Detailer' - it'll soon be home..........then the weather will change!!

37697570_10212455854246601_5625289465535

37740283_10212455854366604_4562602719851

37787948_10212455856606660_1840678843963

37746031_10212455857206675_3198024303480

37739158_10212455852606560_3669352863491

Cheers

Andrew

Edited by Andrew Smith

Exactly, ...how exciting.

George , our paths are crossing , i had my car on the same Ramp a week or so ago, i was sorting out drive shafts and hub.

Have fun,

Conrad.

Hi folks,

Yes, we're really looking forward to getting VUX back - Bev's already planning a 3 week trip in 2019 to the South of France, then over to Corsica and home via the Italian Riviera and lakes.

In the meantime I'm moving the bikes and TuRK around the garage and chucking stuff out to make the best possible use of space - it'll be a squeeze, but doable.

Yep, a telescopic rear conversion is being fitted by TR Enterprises but not too many other mods to take too far right of standard - Saffy and VUX are two great cars for completely different reasons.

Cheers

Andrew

Mudflaps???

Andrew I have a pair of OE mud flaps you can have for VUX.

I only live down the road from TR Enterprises so I could drop them off tomorrow and Tom could fit them over the weekend.

Rex

Good to see you've repatriated VUX, Andrew, and hope he's (?) forgiven you for once throwing him over for a BMW. Sounds like a @!#$%!! trip is in the offing!

I've used flood maps on my driver since the 1980s when I got a pair which didn't require any holes to install. Without these, paint on the rear wing bottoms will absolutely abrade away with the steady road grit shot from the rear wheels - it's a design "flaw" in the bodywork.

The other site of inevitable damage is the flared, leading edge of the same wings. Grit thrown from the front wheels ricochets off this surface, exacting the customary toll on the paintwork ( see TR2/3 flashing on the front of these wings - same reason ).

No flood maps on my show car, for obvious reasons, so I resort to masking tape in both locations. Nearly 6000 miles on it with zero paint damage from road grit. The tape's been changed less than a dozen times since 2009 ( sometimes I need to gaze at it without any covering whatsoever! ).

There are some films which others have employed in lieu of tape; I've not researched these.

Cheers,

Tom

Andrew I have a pair of OE mud flaps you can have for VUX.

I only live down the road from TR Enterprises so I could drop them off tomorrow and Tom could fit them over the weekend.

Rex

Rex,

Thanks, but best keep them for your survivor..................the mud flap refence is a decade old standing joke as I once fitted them to my first TR6 in 1983/4 and have been ridiculed ever since, but they did have red reflectors on them so maybe I deserved it?!

Tom,

Yes, Bev's got several trips planned so watch this space.

Cheers

Andrew

Edit: here are the offending mud flaps:

post-1276-0-76372700-1532690613_thumb.jpg

Edited by Andrew Smith