Anyone found wiper blades that clear the windscreen?

There is nothing "wrong" with my wiper blades, arms or springs it's just that they don't actually clear the screen very well and the rubber rots after a few months.

I don't suppose they were ever very good from new and I would like to fit ones that actually work before the start of the rainy season. I don't mind if they are not original TR arms as long as they work. I used Rainx until one day the sun came out and the wet screen went opaque.

Is there a holy grail of wiper blades or is mine a lost cause?

Alan

same here so i fitted a pair of aftermarket blades for mini. Works a bit better (sort of) for the fact that it's just one rubber fitted on one single blade.

I have fitted Bosch wipers for a Porsche 356 before (I used to own a 356) and they were pretty good. Quite why I have gone back to the...ahem...less good TR ones, I'm not sure.

Although, I tend to use Rain-X on my screen most of the time, anyway.

Cheers,

Tim

Mine were from Ebay described as for MG Midget, They are the sort that have a hinged support which allows the blade to flex easily.

They work quite well.

Bob.

Trico blades are the ones to use. I've used these ever since I got my TR6 way back since the late seventies and I've never had any issues with them and they do seem to last forever. They can be found on eBay, expensive but they certainly work well for me.

cheers

Derek

Hi Alan,

my TR4A came with TEX, I switched over to TRICO replicas, use Rain-X, made the springs in the wiper arms shorter (stronger), that's OK.

But the problem is: the blade on the driver side rest on the strong bended windscreen, on RHD cars on the right side, on LHD cars on the left side.

While the passenger wiper rests in the flat middle of the windscreen. My idea was to fit on my LHD TR4A wiper arms from a RHD. So my driver wiper will be the one from the RHD passenger side.

A idea since years, I never did that, only one of thousend projects. You could try that....

Ciao Marco

Edited by Z320

RHD and LHD wiper arms are angled different and stop different but there is only one wiper drive.

You have to turn die "control box" on the wiper drive until yor RHD wipers stop left and than remove your RHD arms and fit LHD arms as much down on the window as possible.

This should work that way, but as told, I never did this.

Ciao

Before you do this, wait for the next rain, let your wife drive your TR and sit yourself on the passanger side.

Check if you are pleased how you can see throught the wiped windscreen / if you see enough, it will be different ( I guess better)