Ah. Sorry about that. Shame as John is a very easy guy to deal with!

Good luck in your search. Have you tried the usual suspects? Revingtons etc - they had one last time I was looking but they were very pricey.

If it's for a race car then I guess you don't need an original. I have a custom dash which was in my TR3A when I bought it in 1977. I suspect the car had some competition history, probably as a rally car, as the dash has no glove-box cut-out and was fitted with a lot of extra switches and gauges. I still have this so if it is any use to you I can dig it out and take some photos. I couldn't bear to scrap it so you are welcome to it.

I'm not sure if this will work as well as Photobucket used to, but if not PM me your email address.
It's aluminium but vinyl is scruffy so will need replacing but you would need to recover it anyway as the small holes won't be where you need them.

post-2488-0-75906700-1532518473_thumb.jpg

post-2488-0-28094400-1532518824_thumb.jpg

Make a good cheese grater ! :ph34r:

All those holes could be filled up with not too much of a problem. I mig'ed round patches into about 6 extra holes in my dash before re-covering it.

Bob.

post-12009-0-28281600-1475058880_thumb.jpg

No problem David - good luck with finding a RHD dash (I sold 2 spares to someone that had been searching for a very long time).

I've often wondered why a previous owner had gone to the trouble to make a special dash so early in the car's life as it is a UK RHD car so not a conversion.

Hi David

Or just a thought you could convert a LHD one and as it's a race car, blank off the glove box and speed/rev counter holes, cut the holes for the speedo/rev counter on the right side, together with the steering wheel recess, and either make a dummy glove box, or leave it blank, with additional instruments like a rally car after all the centre instrument panel is the same. All recovered in vinyl should look fine.

• 1 month later...