Wonder if some of you can help/advise. I am looking to buy my first TR6. I live in Scotland so not that many available up here. I have seen one or two down south but would struggle to view them often and wondered about the option of getting a third party such as AA or RAC or private group to do a vehicle check and report as a basis for purchase. Any advise or experiences would be much appreciated. Thanks

Edited by AndyK

First port of call for you Andy, should be the local TR Group, details and geography on the home page,

Good chance someone will know any car and or can look at one for you.

Then it's up to you, ultimately your money, so don''t ever 'buy blind'

Exactly what are you looking for? Know of at least one or two, in Cumbria.

John.

If you know what you want...............

For an idependent set of eyes, I would suggest Brian Page - http://www.classicassessments.com/loads of TR knowledge and experience. He has done valuations and reports for the TRR for years.

Good luck

Ian

Looking for a car with reasonable body work and chassis where I can do some engine and interior improvements. RHD and CP or CR. I was aware of a blue CP in Cumbria and was hoping to view yesterday but got beaten to it.

Looking for a car with reasonable body work and chassis where I can do some engine and interior improvements. RHD and CP or CR. I was aware of a blue CP in Cumbria and was hoping to view yesterday but got beaten to it.

Have you considered buying one from the dry states in the USA?, far cheaper than UK prices and simple to convert to RHD, £1800 to ship including taxes.

Some of these cars have amazing body shells but burnt interiors.

This is promising

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1974-Triumph-TR-6-base/202374694416?hash=item2f1e78c610:g:cfIAAOSwTrRbURI~&vxp=mtr

Edited by pfenlon