Swapping the tilting mechanism over

Folks,

As a I head closer to getting my TR6 registered for the first time in 5 years, I have come across an issue with the placement of the tilt lever on the chairs.

My 6 is an early CP and has the pointy 'teardrop' shaped knobs on the handle that you use to tilt the chair forward. The seats are non-reclining fixed back type without headrests.

Being 6ft5' I have modified the wheel arch and moved the driver seat rail back an inch to get more legroom. The arch has to be modified as the chair (non-reclining) hits the wheel arch before anything else.

Does anyone know if the lever can be moved from the outside to the inside on the driver seat (and the same for the passenger). Without doing this the knobs are going to cut into the triangular strengthening gusset on the B post trim and virtually impossible to get to once the chair is moved right back.

If I move the lever knob to the inner (so next to the propshaft tunnel) whilst its not handy to tilt the chair back, at least you can get to it and its not destroying the trim on the B post gusset.

Any ideas?

Appreciate any thoughts or feedback from anyone that has done this.

Cheers

Andrew

Just swap the drivers and passengers seat round?

Tim,

Think they are handed?...could be wrong and/or perhaps the early seats are? Dim and distant memory of this being pointed out on this forum..

They certainly have a 'slant' in their respective frames to indicate they are handed. Can anyone confirm as this would make life easier.

Just for clarity, this is the knob Im looking to modify/relocate.

post-8372-0-78659800-1532261927_thumb.jpg

note:- trim etc. not installed as want to sort this before fitting

Might be possible to bend slightly the rod to make the knob face more upwards than it currently does?

Edited by AndrewP

You cant swap the seats as they will then hit the hood frame when folding it and the lever will also foul the prop tunnel. I have MX seats and they will go back far enough for me at 6.4" and still get to the recline mechanism.

Stuart.