Am I missing something here I know I'm a bit slow but in BST a TR250 is for renovation and for sale at £10,000 of your pounds.

Also proudly states that its registered as a TR5 with the DVLA. You cannot register an imported car with the DVLA unless it has an MOT, I doubt this 250 has one, so how

can it be registered as anything? The V55/5 forms for first registration are comprehensive.

Pete

You are correct in what you say , but looking at the pictures I would say that it’s probabl an earlier importation ,And was converted to RHD a while back and has been used for a while then stored !!!

Graham

There is a row currently running online about another car that started life as a 250 and somehow has been registered with DVLA as a 5, its up for sale for a substantial amount of money.

Stuart.

Hi, Have spoken at length to the seller and can confirm that the car is a TR250 with a CD com number and a CC engine number.

It was brought into the country in about 1996 and converted to RHD and registered ( but don't know what as ).

The seller took the car in payment as a bad debt some time ago from someone who acquired the car in 2002 ( as the 3rd owner )

and as the person had lost the log book he applied for a replacement. The first one that came had it as a TR2 which was obviously wrong so he spoke to some one at the DVLA and explained that it was a TR 250 the american version of a TR5. The diphead at the DVLA said that their computers could not recognise that so when the log book arrived again it was down as a TR5

The seller is quite open in stating what has happened and it all depends on who buys it, as to how honest or not what the car is eventually sold as once its been restored.

I have no idea how much its worth given the circumstances above, but £ 10k sounds a lot for a TR250 in need of restoration, even though its already converted to RHD.

Rex

Someone is telling porkies as there are a lot of TR250s with V5cs showing it as a TR250.

By the way, who or what is BST?

BST is Buy, Sell Trade. Its the 7th link down on this forum under useful links or its the Buy Sell Trade heading on the TR Register Web page.

I have only passed on the information gained talking to the seller. Its up to others to form their own opinions as to who is telling the truth.

Rex

Someone is telling porkies as there are a lot of TR250s with V5cs showing it as a TR250.

By the way, who or what is BST?

As Mafield says, lots of 250s correctly registered as 250s. If I had such a car to sell, I'd be straight on to the DVLA and put the error right.

Hi, Have spoken at length to the seller and can confirm that the car is a TR250 with a CD com number and a CC engine number.

It was brought into the country in about 1996 and converted to RHD and registered ( but don't know what as ).

The seller took the car in payment as a bad debt some time ago from someone who acquired the car in 2002 ( as the 3rd owner )

and as the person had lost the log book he applied for a replacement. The first one that came had it as a TR2 which was obviously wrong so he spoke to some one at the DVLA and explained that it was a TR 250 the american version of a TR5. The diphead at the DVLA said that their computers could not recognise that so when the log book arrived again it was down as a TR5

The seller is quite open in stating what has happened and it all depends on who buys it, as to how honest or not what the car is eventually sold as once its been restored.

I have no idea how much its worth given the circumstances above, but £ 10k sounds a lot for a TR250 in need of restoration, even though its already converted to RHD.

Rex

He should have told the Diphead it was a Ferrari Daytona, the noses on some folk grow as they speak.