Tr2 Seats and runners

Does anyone have any detailed pictures of the way the various pieces that make up front covering of seat bucket, I seem to remember that there was a piece that covered the front lip, a second and third piece that covered the point where the wire stiffening starts and perhaps a fourth and five piece that covered the area to where the cover actually joins up. The TR 2 seats are a different front edge profile to the 3a seats more like a thre'penny bit profile.

Seat runners.

Any alternatives/substitutes used? I have a set of MGB ones that lift the seat, are slightly longer but would do the trick. I resent the idea of paying Plus £50 per seat set for a repro.

My issue with using originals is that as usual the water bath that is the TR has kept wet carpets around the floor runners and they are so bad as to unusable.

Do any repro floor runners fit the sliders?

Rod

I use mahogany strip and cut the carpet round so they can be easily removed. But I need the sliders first? rather than nail or rivet them to square steel or alloy tube. LOL!

I use mahogany strip and cut the carpet round so they can be easily removed. But I need the sliders first? rather than nail or rivet them to square steel or alloy tube. LOL!

I like the mahogany idea. I have some in the "useful box" that I will unearth. Also some oak and burr walnut - but that might be going too far????.

Hi Edwin,

many thanks for that, It gives me a starting point. Did you use the original Rexene material (which is hell to work with) or the stretchy stuff?

I am looking at your rear lights and wonder if your car has had an upgrade from the seperate reflector unit on a stick. What is your Commission number.

Hi Edwin,

Thanks for information. My car is nearly 4500 earlier than yours so there will be differences.

Luckily my senior moments allowed for me not checking my photo record of dismantling the car so it serves as a reference point although not necessarily correct.