TR6 Post Tank Filter Type

Hi All

I want to change or clean or just change anyway the Filter used before the Bosch Pump conversion.

I got mine from Prestige some while ago and I have tried contacting them, but they are not answering the phone.

I would like to get 2 in before I take it apart.

Doe's anyone know the part No. or inlet / outlet sizes ? I believe they are Sytec Filters. Pictures below

Thank you

best, Bill

post-391-0-56611700-1532000133_thumb.jpg

post-391-0-34494600-1532000152_thumb.jpg

I believe Malcolm at Prestige may be away on holiday for a couple of weeks.

My '6 has a Prestige Bosch pump conversion fitted, with the same filter arrangement as your photo shows. A couple of years ago Malcolm brought out a reusable stainless filter element for the post tank filter. I've fitted it and it's been fine. It simply needs taking out and rinsing in clean petrol every 10,000 miles or so.

Nigel

I was going to say it looks like a sytec, Nigel and Niall beat me to it!

Steve

Hi Bill

I would definately go for the metal reusable filter as it is 55 micron filtration, whilst the paper one is 8 micron. I have recently changed my post filter with Bosch pump, with the Bullet Sytec. On doing a bit research the general opinion nowdays is that 10 micron is too fine for a pre filter and above 55 Micron is fine. The cheapest reuable filter element I found on the net was from Advantage Motorsport. £20.34

regards

Roger