A friend and Register member garages his TR4A with me while he lives and works on the other side of the world. It lives safely, and snugly, inside the building, which is next to the house, but is not heated..

Last year it was garaged in August, with the battery still connected. From that time, it was not moved, nor started up, until this morning, 11 months later. Yet, after just one longish churn of the starter motor, it fired up and was ready to roll. The tyres needed topping up, but everything else was OK.

Having been serviced, the TR4A and its owner will be re-introduced to each other next week.

Is this a record ?

Hon. Pres.

No. Started one of my old ladies last week (a Seven, but not TR !), after 18 months in a barn, without problem.

I was rather happy, as this barn is a bit wet, clutches are often sticking, even after a short period.

Edited by Chris59