Problem fitting 4 seasons heater valve

Hi,

I ditched the heater valve over twenty years ago. No regrets.

The car is toasty in the winter and roofs down in the summer. The one functioning lever is always on defrost.

If i was wanting to control flow thru the heater I would fit a 12V solenoid.

Just my opinion. For my daily.

Cheers,

Iain.

If that’s your Car in your Profile Pic you ditched a bit more than the Heater Valve.

Bizarre - have ordered 2, they are due for delivery tomorrow via DPD.

best Bill

Hi Bill,

I have tried and tried but with no success. I even logged into the US site at Amazon.com but still nothing.

Your arrival from the US by tomorrow should be interesting.!!

Roger

Hi Bill,

I have tried and tried but with no success. I even logged into the US site at Amazon.com but still nothing.

Your arrival from the US by tomorrow should be interesting.!!

Roger

Hi Roger, yes and I’ll let you know. I’ve only bought these as spares, so if you want one of them let me know. I don’t think your are far from me. So you might have to come over, say hello and perhaps get a cuppa and a biscuit!

Best Bill

Hi Nigel,

some people can get it shipped others can't. I'm in the latter class.

Roger

Just get it from Rockauto Roger, it cost me £35 inc VAT.

Daz

Mine arrived today... Ordered via the link previously posted...I'm just a bog standard Amazon customer with a UK address & not Prime or anything...Strange that some folk are struggling..

Just got mine today too, fitted along with the connector block cable clamp as suggested here earlier. I used the correct spanner and didn't over tighten it this time!

post-15576-0-25250400-1532781858.jpg

Edited by Mk2 Chopper
  • 5 weeks later...

Just to resurrect this one, after trying many times to order that wretched valve through Amazon, I tried again last week ... AND IT LET ME DO IT! Well, today the package arrived from the States and I have a lovely little heater valve to fit when I find the time. £34.63 incl. delivery - OK, it would have been £38.25 from Rockauto without the heartache. I should have stumped up the nearly £4 extra!

Cheers, Richard "Cheapskate"

Not sure they are worth all the effort!

I fitted mine OK but it still doesn't close when you push the knob back in (it did initially though). :angry:

You may need to reset the cable run then.

Stuart.

Have had one fitted for a few years and you do need to set it so that knob fully in equals valve fully closed. Then for me I get everything from mildey tepid to full furnace in 4-5 clicks.

Cheers

Tim