Problem fitting 4 seasons heater valve

I did that and it worked fine initially. Now the end of the cable won't move from open to close.

Disconnect the operating cable from the valve and make sure the cable moves freely first, then check the valve opens and shuts by hand (maybe a bit of crud from the water system stuck in it) then make sure that whatever you have used to attach the operating wire to the valve swings freely on the leg attachment point. They are a very simple valve and I have never yet known one fail in service.

Stuart

Edited by stuart

Disconnect the operating cable from the valve and make sure the cable moves freely first, then check the valve opens and shuts by hand (maybe a bit of crud from the water system stuck in it) then make sure that whatever you have used to attach the operating wire to the valve swings freely on the leg attachment point. They are a very simple valve and I have never yet known one fail in service.

Stuart

I retensioned the cable again and made sure the clamp on the exterior of the cable was really tight and it works fine now.

Cheers

I have just found 2 of these for sale if anyone is interested (I bought 3 from Rock Auto when I changed my valve last year but mislaid the 2 I had intended to pass on to other members)

£35 including postage. Drop me a PM if you are interested.

Ray

I have to disagree chaps about reliability. mine has seized up solid after less than a year on the road!

hoges.

PS maybe due to a lack of lubrication on my part but even so.

Edited by Paul Hogan

I have to disagree chaps about reliability. mine has seized up solid after less than a year on the road!

hoges.

PS maybe due to a lack of lubrication on my part but even so.

I would be looking inside it for a lump of crud jamming it then.

Stuart.

• 1 year later...
On 7/17/2018 at 9:17 AM, jogger321 said:

Whats the best way of fitting the cable at the heater valve end on these ?

There are detailed instructions with photos on how to fit this valve on the Danielson's website (a great source of tips IMHO), including a dead simple and neat way to attach the wire.

The page is located at : http://tr6.danielsonfamily.org/HeaterValve.htm

Connection.jpg

Edited by MadArgy
Spelling