Fuel pipe route from PRV

I have now completed re-installing the cars PI system except for the copper fuel pipes. The main fuel pipe from the PRV goes through the floor but does it go behind the drive shaft then bend over the chassis or bend forward as it goes through the floor over in front of the driveshaft.?

I am finding bending and fitting these pipes the worst job so far on the garage floor.

Rob

Edited by Robert Price

Hi Rob,

I had exactly the same question some time ago.

Stuart told me the fuel line goes vertical own at the rear of the drive shaft, this is done for safety reasons.

Mine has a coupling in this vertical section, which makes it easier.

It then goes fwd on the inside of the chassis mainbeam, through the T-shirts.

Waldi

Ge a pipe bender to help get smooth bends, where you have to do it by hand do a little at a time but you will generally have to make bigger radii. If you are using copper it will work harden but you can anneal it as often as you need. Heat it with a blow lamp and either quench or let it aircool.

One other way to bend it, not quite so easy is put a compression stop end on, pack it full of fine sand put a compression stop end at the other end then bend the pipe. ( this method will stop it from collapsing. It will need carefully cleaning out though afterwards.

Wiper rack cable inserted down the pipe also will stop it collapsing.

Stuart.