chrome bezel tool for dash switches

You can also make the face bezel tool from an appropriately sized socket:

IMG_4438a.JPG

And for the more OCD among us, here is another way to do a tool for the bezels with six indents around the circumference:

IMG_4440a.JPG

There is a guy in the States who supplies Bezel tools for all three types found on the TR`s they are really good https://www.ebay.com/itm/switch-tool-Lucas-MG-Triumph-Austin-Healey-Lotus-Jaguar-Morris-Jensen-Morgan-TD/200745933556?epid=1692370673&hash=item2ebd63daf4:g:qeUAAMXQMTlRb43P

Stuart.

• 7 months later...
1 hour ago, RogerH said:

Hi Marco/Ed,

Snap.    I put pins in both faces for each size of bezel.

Roger

Brilliant idea, Roger. 

If I have a tool in 2 or more sizes, it's always the one I need that is missing.  With your solution, they would always be together.  (Maybe both missing, but at least together.)

Ed

Hi,

yesterday my wife laught at me when I showed her my tool: "You made a "Strickliesel"" (you might know this as a "fresh knitter").

That gave me the idea to size it down for the woodpeckers among you: make it from a piece of wood and 3 nails diameter about 2 mm.

Pinch off the heads and smooth the pins, make them shorter than 5 mm, the circle over the pins is about 26.5 mm, ready.

Have much joy with this work!

Ciao Marco 

Edited by Z320
8 minutes ago, Lebro said:

Interesting, I can copy & paste the emoticon from Marco's post above, but cannot create my own ? where have they gone ? - is it just me ?

image.png.ec50a1b933747185b6de2e488504947d.png

Bob.

Have you lost the menu tool bar Bob?

14F1F334-7E49-4815-BB16-DFBEE84D53C1.jpeg

:o:(

Edited by Hamish
Emoji