A walk round my road/sprint car

I was asked on you tube to do a brief walk round my car that I use for our club sprints. As well as on the road and REDROSE group events and runs.

So I have had a go.

Remember its my first attempt. And I give away all my secrets !!!

It is the REVINGTON TR / TR REGISTER championship so come along and support us or have a go. Any triumph car is eligible.

https://youtu.be/QfgWo7syHHs

Event list can be found here

https://www.tr-register.co.uk/motorsport

H

Good one Hamish. Well done

Cheers guys

Its all a bit of fun, nothing serious.

Ill have to sort some sort of computer program so I can edit these videos.

They also take hours to upload !

H

Hi Hamish.

I see you still have the steering box fiitted (not R&P) yet your steering wheel is very small, do you not find the steering very heavy at parking speeds ?

Bob.

Hi Hamish.

I see you still have the steering box fiitted (not R&P) yet your steering wheel is very small, do you not find the steering very heavy at parking speeds ?

Bob.

Hi Bob

I dont find it toooo heavy.

I find that so long as there is some forward or reverse movement the steering is fine.

I wouldnt try a big turn of the wheel without moving as I think it would stress the box.

It is all bronze bushed which helps as I think its very accurate and very little play for a steering box esp when going along.

I also run 185x 15 tyres.

If you have a look at a couple of my runs. A tight one at curborough or a faster one at aintree youll see.

Curborough

Aintree

Ok, thanks. my steering is almost slop free, I have the PTFE bushes with stainless pins, all is well greased, but even with the standard steering wheel it is a two handed job when parking. nice & free with the wheels off the ground though !

My tyres are 165 X 70 X 15" radial on 4½" steel rims

Bob.

Edited by Lebro