Door hinge sqeeeeeeek

Evening all.

My drivers door hinges squeak like a good un. Ive tried white spray grease, wd40 and 3 in 1. What else should I do or try? ..... sensible suggestions only please.

Cheers

Dave

If you can't get lubricant to penetrate to the area causing the squeek, you might try drilling a small hole in the barrel to inject oil at the midpoint. I think you could do this without removing the hinges.

Ed

IMG_1227a.JPG

Edited by ed_h

I had one with a broken pin. Bought new pins, think from Moss, and fitted them. They required heat, a large hammer&vice to be removed.

Then an ajustable reamer to have a good tight fit for the new pins.

Waldi

Thanks chaps for the replies.

I think I will try different lube first, then Ed’s idea of introducing a lube point. The nuke option is to refurb / replace the hinges. I can imagine some goofy looking doors resulting if I have to go down that route.

Cheers

Dave.

Thanks chaps for the replies.

I think I will try different lube first, then Ed’s idea of introducing a lube point. The nuke option is to refurb / replace the hinges. I can imagine some goofy looking doors resulting if I have to go down that route.

Cheers

Dave.

Hi Dave,

one hinge at a time and the door should stay in place.

Roger